General - DIY Light Hoods

malawi_man

The laws changed a few years ago, I rewired some of my house and asked a sparky mate to cert it for me, he told me that unless its a new circuit or is on the board (i.e. replacing an old circuit right back to the board) you can do it all yourself with no certification.

I have my limited electrical cert, so know what I'm doing but still think this is crazy! Esp it you consider that you cant do any plumbing with out getting it certified, I guess it doesn't matter if you wiring is bad as long as your plumbing isn't leaking all over it hahaha.

The plumbing thing is stupid. I just went and got a $3 plug to plug up a connection to a water heater in my sleepout(Never use it, overflows constantly onto the roof if the wine cork I jammed into the pipe on the roof pops off) and installed that, I guess legally I'd have to pay $70 for a plumber to come over and say, Yup, that $3 plug is definitely screwed in.