Moving to a bigger tank.....

blueyes

Hi all.....I am moving everyone over to a larger tank and will be using sand instead of the gravel I am using in my existing one. My question is, if I use the water from my existing tank and also the filter I have in there at the moment.....will I still need to let the tank cycle because I am not using the same gravel?

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks.....

Hi all.....I am moving everyone over to a larger tank and will be using sand instead of the gravel I am using in my existing one. My question is, if I use the water from my existing tank and also the filter I have in there at the moment.....will I still need to let the tank cycle because I am not using the same gravel?

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks.....

You'll probably have a small cycle, but not a full one.

Well the sand is all washed, the tank is full, just waiting for it to heat up.....definitely think I will need a few plants in there as it needs a bit of colour, but I think they will all love the extra space and the sand to play in...... :bounce:

Well for those of you that helped out with advise, I thought I would update you one the move........

everyone seems pretty happy, except for my male GBA who seemed a bit pissed off with me moving his wee bridge home, I'm sure he was glaring at me lol....the wee girl seems to have taken over one of the new cave decorations in there and Mr Big Plec the Albino didn't even move out of his driftwood when I moved it over, so he's happy.....when I moved it over I saw one of the Clown loaches had wedged himself right up into one of the crevaces and was staring out at me.....so funny....I wondered where they were hiding out..... the clowns have been out and about more and are a lot of fun to watch....so far so good...they all really love the sand and have already been burrowing and playing in it.....

I think all I need now is some more tetras and everyone should be happy....

oh if anyone has any low light, easy care plants they are selling please let me know....if they have snails on them all the better hehe....thanks everyone for the advise!!!

I think the BN's are all still trying to figure out who wants to live where as they keep swapping lol...... on of them was in the old car ornament I put in there the other day and he must have been trying to clean off the inside of the roof but it looked like he was sitting up driving, wish I'd had my camera that day was so hard case...... the loaches really seem to be happy and I see so much more of them which is neat