New from yesterday

Omaria

What do you want to know about me? I am 62 yr old female married to almost 65 yr old hubby for over 40 yrs. We got 2 adult children, both married, and 3 grandchildren, who are the light of our lives. We just started this tropical fish hobby and are learning heaps. Its a bit scary as we already lost one poor fish but are hoping to see the others survive. :lol:

We live in Henderson Valley and are very happy here. I work in Glen Eden and hubby is just beginning to pick up his labours again after almost a year out of the running due to having had 2 knee replacements. We love travelling. Anything else you like to know, just ask.

Ok here goes, set up. 50 liter tank with light,filter heater, gravel, plants, stress zyme, filled with water and added all the recommended drops and stuff. After one week got the recommended fish from Animates. 6 neons, 6 platy, 1 male guppy and 2 female. One platy has died and one with a black tale keeps very still in a corner or beside one of the ornaments. Dont know whats up with it.

How did we get into this? Well.......funny really. We were given considerable sums of m money for our 40th wedding anniversary and weren't sure what to do with it. I wanted a dog but hubby said not a good idea with us travelling so much. he wanted a budgie but i wasnt too keen on that idea. We went on holiday to Fiji and in one restaurant we both enjoyed the giant aquarium there and we looked into each other's eyes and nodded. So here we are. :P :lol:

How is the little platy doing?

Hi there, he is still much the same, moving from edge to edge and when he spots me with his one eye he swims a round or 2 and settles back in a corner on the bottom of the tank.

I did the dewurming as per suggestion, but didnt notice much difference (yet).