WILL I GET KICKED OFF FOR WRITTING THIS

anal fin

Wasp said:

However I have been wondering if this has led to the moderators feeling intimidated, because I'm pretty surprised to see what's been let slide of recent times.

As you can see from the above Wasp, the members "have" been warned on numerous occasions, and the worst of the posts either deleted or edited, so then we get "the challenge" in the hope of creating a further reaction from the moderators, which in turn leads to more verbal abuse to the moderators, who (like us all) are sick to the teeth of trying to maintain a respectable informative site.

Hi Chim,

You say...

you are picking out posts of mine that DO NOT SHOW THE FULL STORY.
The "full" story is there for all to see unfortunately, and I saw no need to post the full story.

You said:

i agree there are arguments about the most pathetic things, blatantly rude comments between members, postings that people should think twice about etc.

EXACTLY the point here.

Why should this site suffer because of the attitudes of so few...?

Simply say the word Bill and I will delete my account on this forum and never return. Thats how strongly I believe in what I have stated.
This is entirely up to you Chim, but let me say this...

YOU... along with all the others in question are highly valued members of this section, who have vast amounts of knowledge they can freely share with others if they see fit.

This forum was created for the needs of a small bunch of keen marine keepers that needed a place to share their ideas in a manner that would encourage other users to take up the challenge of keeping marines.

This happened... and the interest at one point was huge, but is now in severe decline... despite the number of posts made.

Nobody is blaming you as an individual, but you (and several others) are part of the fuel that keeps many of these argumentative debates ignited.

As already stated... I have no personal interest against "anyone" on this site, but unless you guys get together and sort your differences out "offline", then surely there will be further actions taken.

Bill.

Now Bill, THAT is how a post should be moderated :D Your post was communicated in a friendly nature, you stated the facts and there was nothing written sarcastically that further intimidated members. I dont agree with you about the full story, but I dont really care to argue further because of the way you approaced your reply. Nice work :D

Pies, its not hard to say that you and me are on the list, as is reef, lduncan, jetskisteve and others.

Pegasus - Who are these 'others' you speak of? I'd like to know if I am on the list

:):) Now "why" would you say that Pies..?

Have you done something naughty that we have overlooked :)

My thanks Chim,

Let us put away the past and get this forum growing once again. :)

Bill.

fwiw, and apologies to posters in this topic in advance. When I find a moment this topic will be moderated and most if not all if it removed.

Same will be true for other topics in this forum and the rest of the fishroom.

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?p=39677

Cees

Shame that you have to waste your time like this, I'm sure you've got better things to do. I for one support mass deletion of stupid posts. Who decides what is stupid? The moderators do, I don't think they should have to explain themselves to anyone. If they don't like it it should go, no questions asked.

Just for the record. I believe my posts have been on topic and relevant. I have never posted anything that was insulting or inappropriate, it is for this reason I have not received any kind of warning from the moderators.

If anyone thinks otherwise, point me to the posts and I will be happy to remove them myself.

Layton

hiya

I come here for one reason, to read and share knowledge of the aquatic hobby. Im still resonbly new here only having joined up recently and reading a few months before i joined but have noticed that some posts here resemble the rubbish that goes on in trademe land which is a shame.

This board should be filled with knowledge, helpful hints, helpful DIY tips (DIY isnt that bad ya know), there even isnt a DIY section (if there is, i have missed it and im sorry.

At first glance it seems to be a few rich kids trying to out compete each other with "i paid $$$ for this and $$$$ for this" which isnt really what its about i feel.

Anyway enough from me, i have a setup to finish and want it to be circulating and heating tonight so i can test those systems.

cyas

thanx

peter

This board should be filled with knowledge, helpful hints, helpful DIY tips (DIY isnt that bad ya know),

there is heaps of knowledge and many good posts in the saltwater section. its not just all rubbish posts otherwise you wouldnt be here :D

there even isnt a DIY section (if there is, i have missed it and im sorry...

great idea, moderators?

OK, DIY Section Added.

To continue the discussions:

I don't feel intimidated by anyone...

I don't like having to delete people posts, but if the rules are broken...

Posts will be edited or deleted if they break to rules, end of story.

What follows is not aimed at any particular person, but the group who regularly cause the problems.

If someone posts something to try to enflame, instead of biting back just ignore it. Most of the problems with insults and bad language seem to come from some need to show you're the best.

Don't rush out and make a negative post to this one, think about it for a minute. Why do you feel you need to make the comment you're about to type??? We can very easily bring this forum back up if ALL concentrate on why we're posting as much as what we're posting.

Warren : wow kewl. thank you for the DIY section :)

Chimera : I wasnt meaning all posts, i said some posts, I guess what i was trying to say didnt come out right, Im not much good at that, but anyway tiz trivial and doesnt matter.

I come here because its a kiwi site which helps sometimes espicially when sourcing parts and services. Maybe meet up with a few fellow hobbists to look at setups and exchange ideas etc.

Want a visitor one weekend chimera? :) im up your way most weekends and during the week at night sometimes too :)

Thanx

Peter

As a "freshie" who aspires one day to have enough of a grasp of aquaria to try a marine tank, I am pleased to see that someone has finally picked up the toys and thrown them back into the cot.

I now have the feeling that it may be worth heading back into the marine threads to see what's up after a few months of thinking "what on earth is going on here?" I look forward with great enthusiasm to seeing and reading about the magic you "salties" are creating. Keep it up :D

That was just the responce I was looking for it makes my whole blah blah speech worth while. I take my hat off to you TeeCee

They though of new and existing members coming back with usefull info is cool I know i need all the info i can get just about to set up a new bigger and better tank one with fun lights to play with :o