How To Ship FISH!?!?!??!?!?!

fish_tank0311

Hi guys, i have sold 2 angel fish who are 16 months old, and i am in Auckland and they need to get shipped up to Kaitaia, so how do i ship? What company do i ship with? I have a poly box, which i can use, but apart from that idk what to do. How do i get heat packs? Theres some on TM that say they heat to 50C but that is way too hot, and how do i know how much water to use per how many heat packs. and how do i secure the fish so the bag doesnt move around too much in the box.

Need help ASAP

Double bag the fish (that is, add fish and water to bag - 1/4 water to 3/4 air - then put that bag inside another bag). If you have the space in the poly box I would bag each angel separately too, one per bag. Do not feed them for 12hrs or so before they go (if you have the time frame to allow for this) as less eating = less waste.

Put the bag in the poly box and scrunch up newspaper around it to keep it firmly in place. Bubble wrap works too if you have it but newspaper is fine and has excellent insulating properties.

There were people on here that were selling heat packs. You can buy them at sports goods stores too but I do not know the heat range of those. I have never used heat packs so can't advise.

Tape down poly box lid. Put big arrows, this side up, and FRAGILE on the box.

Which courier company varies from area to area as some will not take live animals. Send overnight and find out what the latest time is to drop them off at the depot so they are not sitting there all day for no reason.

Definitely 1 fish per bag for fish that size.. And the heatpads that heat to 50C are fine, they are not going to provide enough heat to actually heat the water they are just going to take the chill off the air and hopefully maintain the temp of the water and inside the box.

I'll repeat my earlier question - where in Auckland are you?

The reason for my question - I might be able to help. I have everything here that you will need bar bags that are big enough but the amount of time between the time I finish work and the time a suitable courier closes is very short.

Sorry missed that,

and also sorry, I probably can not help as Epsom - Howick - packing fish - Penrose is not possible in the hour and a quarter that there is between the time I finish work and the time the courier company closes especially in peak hour traffic. If you can get them to me at 4.30pm on a Mon, Wed or Thursday then I can assist. PM me for further details if this is possible.

You may have to reassess your sale unless the purchaser can arrange for someone down here pack and organise couriers.