A few tank issues.

Mirio

Hey FNZAS, i've recently set up a 53L Tank (AA601) and am currently having a few problems. :-?

The first is that the tank substrate i chose was Blue World Aquarium Gravel, and that the overhead filter is creating craters due to the water flowing vertically down.

I added a bit more water, so now it's at the max line, it still is creating a small crater in one area, i've thought about it and i think the best solution would be a 90 Degree L shaped tube to redirect the downward flow, however i am not aware of where i can get one of these.

The second is that i have an Air stone also, that's around 25cm long or so, and that the bubbles from the air stone are being trapped underneath the Over head filter and is generating an unpleasant popping noise. The Air stone is located at the back wall of the tank.

Reason for this post is just to see if anyone has had a similar problem in the past and would like to share how there issue was resolved, or just for anyone to lend some aid.

Thank you~ :)