July 31, 201016 yr comment_385369 Juwel Rio 180L beech Filtration is Standard at current. Will add a 205 on it soon. Substrate is Pool filter sand. Plants include: Amazon swords (babies), Crypts (petchii, cordata, wendtii, becketii) Livestock 1 x Salvini Pair (female is looking good, still not at full colour yet!) 14 x Columbian Tetras (bala shark is in here temporarily) Been running 3 days, looking good. hoping to get the salvinis breeding - though not too bothered about raising the fry. Going to be doing 50% weekly Water changes on this. hopefully can get the crypts growing nice and bushy along the back. Report
July 31, 201016 yr comment_385375 Looks good. I think it would be worth while raising the fry (or passing them on to someone with the space/time/energy to do so), they haven't been available here for a long time, and who knows when they will be imported again. Report
July 31, 201016 yr Author comment_385379 Looks good. I think it would be worth while raising the fry (or passing them on to someone with the space/time/energy to do so), they haven't been available here for a long time, and who knows when they will be imported again. I probably wont be able to resist raising them They are without a doubt my favourite cichlid and ive been waiting for them to come in for a long time. Just never decided to have just a pair in a tank. Report
July 31, 201016 yr comment_385383 Sounds similar to my rio 180 apart from the fish stocking and your pool filter sand looks different to mine. Oh and I have one of those juwel 3d backgrounds on mine. Report
July 31, 201016 yr comment_385400 :oops: oh yeah, my bad - the other one you asked to hold for me died. sorry :oops: Report
July 31, 201016 yr Author comment_385406 :oops: oh yeah, my bad - the other one you asked to hold for me died. sorry :oops: I completely forgot you still had my fish :lol: dont worry about it, i get them cheap Got some pics of the columbians. They decided to all be stationary for a few minutes. was quite funny. Wondering if adding a pair of GBAs would interfere with the breeding my late night snacking on eggs... Report
July 31, 201016 yr Author comment_385484 those tetra are lovely, how big are they? about 5cm. they will get bigger too Report
July 31, 201016 yr comment_385493 they are so pretty... even with those boggle eyes even if I had a fish room I don't there would be enough tanks for the all fish I would like to keep :roll: Report
August 1, 201016 yr comment_385518 Hey morcs it looks cool I am also interisted in getting one of these was it easy to set up etc? How Michael dose it cost? Report
August 1, 201016 yr Author comment_385556 Hey morcs it looks cool I am also interisted in getting one of these was it easy to set up etc? How Michael dose it cost? Juwel Rio 180's rrp at around $1,300. Let me know if you want one asap and ill see if i can track one down for you, but youll have to be quick in buying... Very easy to setup too. Everything is enclosed in the filter box, even the heater. Report
August 1, 201016 yr comment_385563 There is one on trademe that is going for $250 reserve with ehiem filter and plants, fish etc. Really good deal just have to pick up from Palmy. Report
August 2, 201016 yr comment_385715 Juwel Rio 180's rrp at around $1,300. The beech is a run out and they are going for $599 but limited numbers. Let me know if you want one asap and ill see if i can track one down for you, but youll have to be quick in buying... Very easy to setup too. Everything is enclosed in the filter box, even the heater. Only the beech? Id buy a black at that! lol Report
August 9, 201016 yr Author comment_386797 Update! >Added reflectors to both light tubes >Added an Eheim 2213 (still running stock filter system) >Started dosing with leaf zone and flourish excel >Added more driftwood >40-50% WC per week. >Male salvini gone, he was beating the female to a pulp Stocking is now: >1 Female Salvini >1 Pink convict (cant tell sex as fins were nipped upon buying today) >1 Male Firemouth >1 Blackline flying fox (adult) >1 Starlight bristlenose >12 Columbian Tetras >6 Tiger barbs >1 Redtail shark 3 Amazon sword babies Windelov java fern Java fern Various crypts Report
August 9, 201016 yr Author comment_386849 Chur. that bit of wood on the right doesnt look right. might have to adjust it methinks. Report
August 9, 201016 yr comment_386850 Chur. that bit of wood on the right doesnt look right. might have to adjust it methinks. I agree.Turn it up the other way so you can't see where its been cut. Report
August 9, 201016 yr Author comment_386855 I agree.Turn it up the other way so you can't see where its been cut. Agreed, but i would kill for two more bits like the bit i got today (the one in the center) that would look epic. Report
August 9, 201016 yr Author comment_386857 Is that one piece? where did you get it from? HFF. been looking for a piece like that for ages! Report
August 9, 201016 yr comment_386859 How much did that set you back? I can't believe I missed it. I saw a nice piece there that I wanted but it was mango wood and they put it in the pond for me and it didn't sink Report
August 9, 201016 yr Author comment_386892 How much did that set you back? I can't believe I missed it. I saw a nice piece there that I wanted but it was mango wood and they put it in the pond for me and it didn't sink Not sure, didnt look how much i was paying! think it was classed as large driftwood which is like $24 Report
August 9, 201016 yr comment_386899 I love the Colombian Tetras! I never really considered them, but might have a look next time I go to the LFS. They look awesome! Report
August 9, 201016 yr comment_386912 They look like little piranhas. I heard they are quite nippy as well. What are your ones like? Report
August 21, 201016 yr Author comment_388892 Update. re-done the tank. Juwel tanks are much better suited for nice pretty displays than aggressive cichlid tanks, especially when they kept digging up all my plants.. Added Co2 and replanted also. Hopefully it grows in as planned. Current stocking: 6 Angels 12 Columbian Tetras 1 L018 gold nugget pleco 1 redtail shark 1 blackline flying fox Plants random crypts Java fern Java moss Some other random moss Windelov Brasiliensis (going to try and get a little carpet going in the front right corner) Indian fern (going to have lots growing at the back right) Amazonica swords Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.