What Screen Resloution do you Use?

breakaway

What Screen Resolution do you Use?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What Screen Resolution do you Use?

• Lower
    • 640 x 480
    • 800 x 600
    • 1024 x 768
    • 1152 x 864
    • 1280 x 1024
    • Higher

Hi Again,

I just wanted to do this poll so I could tell how small I have to make my pics so most of you can enjoy them on your screen.

If your screen resolution is not stated, please select one that is closest.

How to find out your screen resolution:

1. Right Click on your Desktop and select "Properties"

2. Then select the "Settings" tab

screenresolution1oo.jpg

I use 1280x1024 on my 19'' Monitor (Which I bought on TradeMe for $100 :lol:)

Thanx in Advance

breaka\/\/ay

I would imagine most people with a 17" CRT or 15" LCD will be running at 1024 x 768. Probably the most common setting these days.

Those lucky enough to have a larger monitor will be running at a higher resolution. However, for pics posted on the web, we always resize to 640 x 480 for the pic size. This minimises download time without making them too small to see with good resolution on the screen. For those with dial-up connections the download time is most important.

Also pics that size, when sent as email attachments, display nicely within the message so you don't have to scroll to see the whole image.

As Caryl said, you don't want pics to be the full size of the screen or they tend to take too long to download. For full screen viewing, 640 by 480 is sufficient.

If you want to post large pics here, I suggest you create a smaller thumbnail linked to the full-size image. This lets people view samples of all your pics in advance and decide which ones they want to spend the time downloading and which ones they want to see first.