Juwel tanks - Quiet?

Morcs

Picking up a brand new juwel rio 180 tomorrow. going to run the standard filter system.

Just wondering how noisy they are? im wanting to put it in my bedroom...

anyone whos used one in such a situation please lemme know (one in the shop isnt good to judge noise level!)

Cheers :)

I just set one up in the last couple of weeks.

mostly quiet but sometimes the lids rattle and need adjusting.

My pump/filter (original) seems very powerful and blows the plants around. I get a bit of spashing noise from the outflow distubing the surface.

I have structured background on the rear wall....also I moved the filter box to the other end of the tank, so the outlet pipe sits differently to 'normal'

tis OK . I will persevere and find the perfect spot. I dont mind it stirring up the surface a bit....plus mine is in my dining room - not my bedroom so noise is not an important issue. 8)

yeah. over kill is not bad as long as you deal with the flow properly if you need to.

I run 2 Fluval 405s and an eheim 2028 on my 4ft. works wonderfully! :D

Flow is a good thing. My 4 foot has about 7000lph of flow in it and it's still pretty calm.

The only reason I kept the standard filter was so I could hide everything in it e.g heater, temp probe, 2226 intake and 2213 intake. I also just have course and fine sponge's in there as well.

Id probably do the same, and yeah run filter wool in there too.

Its probably possible to rig it up so if running only 1 external to route the outlet out of the stock outlet too...

ooh ideas are forming now