December 11, 200421 yr comment_31693 I thought you added tunze streams not sea swirls?? corals do look like they love it. Report
December 12, 200421 yr comment_31841 looks nice congrats on doing such a good job hiding them also Report
December 14, 200421 yr comment_31986 love the pics = not a salt water keeper my self but still admire the pics heaps Report
December 14, 200421 yr Author comment_32020 Thanks for the comments everyone makes me feel good Chim I will have to meet you one day to see that humor, Why don't you Reef and his brother come down over the holidays<>motive want some twig fish Report
December 14, 200421 yr comment_32049 Nice layout must say most excellent job on the streams A++ Something a little off topic I am about to set up lighting almost the same as yours do you notice the light in your eyes when watching tv etc etc Report
December 14, 200421 yr Author comment_32054 I don't watch TV but Frog who is a news and motor racing fan said no more than other lighting in the room. You may be able to have your lights lower to the tank than mine, my tank is only .550high which controls the height of the lights from the bottom of the tank. I got this info from a book I may stand corrected if it's wrong?. Report
December 14, 200421 yr comment_32100 Hi Fay I like your streams - I have some as well - Have you set them up in the corners? and have you programmed them with a controller? Thanks Chris Report
December 14, 200421 yr comment_32138 Optimal placement for the streams is to have one running in one direction down the back, and second running down the front in the opisite direction. This creates a whirlwind type of current, moving more water www.tunze.com Looks good Fay. If you notice any bubbles in the tank is from cavitation, where the pump is trying to suck water but can't because its inlets are blocked (say by rock from your photo). If this happens either slow down the pump (controller or the blue box) or remove the obstructions. Go the streams. Pie Report
December 15, 200421 yr Author comment_32152 Thanks Pies no bubbles as yet. I have the controller on one pump at a time my tanks not wide enough to take them going together to powerful, I would rather have each one up high pulsing down to 30% up to 85%, any higher and they cause unnatural force. All the corals and leathers loving it, fish seem too love it to my only worry at the moment is my sick fish. P.S. After sales service from Reef helping me set the controller properly was great thanks Reef. Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32173 any tips on how to convince the wife to allow me to buy some streams? Report
December 15, 200421 yr Author comment_32181 Chim, Now that is funny Do what I did: Ordered them from Al because he said I could pay them off, I was going to get them in March but since he made this offer I made an executive decision and ordered them. FROGS response: Hit the roof in front of the new student we were training for Xmas (lucking I had warned her about our frank discussions) After he came down to earth he told me to just buy them now never mind tic :D Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32183 Chim, tell her if A wants a playmate she better consider it! Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32184 any tips on how to convince the wife to allow me to buy some streams? Buy them for your wife as a presant, she will love it Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32186 ha haaaa, true that! i think i'll just buy them after xmas and THEN tell her Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32188 thanks, I have been told I have to put a ring on her finger before i get my tank, anyone got a donut shapped tank for sale??? :lol: Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32189 not a bad idea, but she will either: 1. scream/yell until february 2013 2. divorce me on the spot 3. say thank you honey, its the thought that counts I'm picking 1 or 2 are most likely scenario's... Report
December 15, 200421 yr comment_32194 Thanks for the info Fay, I was a little worried i might have to sit and watch TV with my sunglasses on Report
January 8, 200521 yr Author comment_34503 Reef Really happy with streams; Next question I would like to get the smallest one possible for my 2foot square tank, can I run it off the same controller and would the smallest still be to powerful. P.S. couldn't use the magnet holders not enough turn only suitable for straight ahead flow, so have stuck with the brackets once I figured out how to use them seem to do a better job for me. Report
January 8, 200521 yr comment_34504 fay, No problems. a second smaller stream can be run of the same controller. the small stream is the 6000 model, 7000L p/hour, which can be reduced at the blue box if required Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.