Meet Yindi (10 born 21 Nov 11)

Nymox

My slow internet didn't load the pictures. I thought you were talking about a kid at first :o

some strange kids in your neighbourhood :D

Yindi came home with me today and is adored by all. She enjoyed a good meal and stretched her legs, it was great watching her explore everything, tongue darting in and out!

she LOVES kiwifruit, and is very active this morning. I think I got her out too sooner after a feed as I got peed and pooped on. Going to catch her a few crickets or something today for a treat.

Could someone recommended the best NZ brand of cat or dog food? I would imagine that the typical brands such as whiskers are pumped full of other rubbish.

Shopping list today is cherry tomatoes, silver beat, broccoli, kiwifruit and banana and I might try some of that jimbo's pet food its supposed to be all natural.

yeah that's a good way of putting it. are they that size all through life & are they slowish getting around?

Her legs are in correct proportion to her body yes, they are fairly slow creatures though I dont know what they are like in the wild as far as speed is concerned, apparently very easy to catch and photograph though so I dont imagine them being very fast at all.

A bit like a snake on trainer wheels huh

I have been laughing over this all morning :lol:

Hahaa Im glad Caryl, my sister asked the same question and I told her Id had Yindi's legs shortened to stop her running away, she doesnt have the same sense of humour as me it seems :P

their little stumpy legs are the cutest things ever! like dachshunds :D

Hahaha yup I love sausage dogs too! ours both had wheels for back legs when they got to the later years in their lives. Discs would slip. My Grandfather made a trolly using the front set of wheels off a shopping cart, it used to cradle their back legs and support the spine. Cybernetic limbs!

Could someone recommended the best NZ brand of cat or dog food? I would imagine that the typical brands such as whiskers are pumped full of other rubbish.

Get premium food. My BTs loved Hills Tinned dog food. its a complete diet so really good for them. downside is the cans are quite big and the food goes off quicker than you can use it, even if you stick it in the fridge and seal the can.

Hills tinned cat food might be worth a go, smaller tins too.

Tried fancy feast, bought like 30 cans and they wouldnt touch it. 1 tin is a perfect bowl amount, so maybe pick up a few and try them.

Get extra bananas for them. They just love a bowl of banana occaisionally!

NOM NOM!

yoshi017.jpg

Get premium food. My BTs loved Hills Tinned dog food. its a complete diet so really good for them. downside is the cans are quite big and the food goes off quicker than you can use it, even if you stick it in the fridge and seal the can.

Hills tinned cat food might be worth a go, smaller tins too.

Tried fancy feast, bought like 30 cans and they wouldnt touch it. 1 tin is a perfect bowl amount, so maybe pick up a few and try them.

Get extra bananas for them. They just love a bowl of banana occaisionally!

Thanks Morcs Ill try the Hills as the dog can help eat it to keep it fresh, I tried the single serve catfood sachets yesterday but she wasnt keen, she did love some fresh beef mince though. Shes got a banana for tomorrow now Im really looking forward to feeding it to her with some snails and earthworms. She had a big feed of silver beat, broccoli and carrot today, loves grated carrot, and an earth worm for desert which had her almost drooling.