money for a nz reptile permit!

i rang up d.o.c and asked for a reptile permit.

He asked me my cage size and what its made of.

He is sending me the application form and

1:it costs $56 ! to get it

2:you have to be 18 or older,but you can but your parents name and still use it.

3:its free to renew it.

Ithink that is a bit whooooooo!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$56 thats alot fo money!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is cheap - could charge a couple of hundred and still be ok

should have permit system for exotics as well

cheap for a 12yr old boy (Me) NO

A permit for exotics would be good.

I love my blue tongue its awesome,another one coming soon!

I think $56 is pretty reasonable if they have to send someone out, they have to pay his wages, petrol and all the admin costs associated with it.. I mean depending on where he has to travel from it could take him 2 hours to get there, do the inspection/paperwork and then back to the office.

I know it would suck at 12 but I am sure you have ways of earning money :) Or have birthdays and things like that..

I think $56 is pretty reasonable if they have to send someone out, they have to pay his wages, petrol and all the admin costs associated with it.. I mean depending on where he has to travel from it could take him 2 hours to get there, do the inspection/paperwork and then back to the office.

I know it would suck at 12 but I am sure you have ways of earning money :) Or have birthdays and things like that..

selling fish is my way :D

have you seen that i just put 2 silver dollars for sale.

That is how i am hopefully be able to get $20 for both.

Then i might sell my 14cm clown loaches :P

gosh fish are so addictive :oops:

4 tanks then Mum says ''get rid of some tanks'' :oops:

THen i say Mum can i buy a blue tongue lizard.....THen another :oops:

the average twelve year old kid wants this and wants that.Some like yourself and the likes of herperjosh have a real passion for reptiles and their hobby.I would suggest you will find the $56 one way or another as I would have when I was your age(a long time ago)

the average twelve year old kid wants this and wants that.Some like yourself and the likes of herperjosh have a real passion for reptiles and their hobby.I would suggest you will find the $56 one way or another as I would have when I was your age(a long time ago)

i will.

as you can see i am selling my silver dollars.I will sell more fish then......BINGO!!!!!!! $56

If $56 is a lot of money for you, how expensive would some realistic worst-case-scenario future disaster going to be and can you afford it?

Personaly I would love to have a cat again and could afford to buy/feed one, but as a student I cannot cope with a sudden vet bill. That is my acid test on if I can justify having a certain pet.

I'm 12 like you. I find making money simple - especially when my pair of Flag Cichlids spawned (Laetacara curviceps) and then when I sold fry and got lots of money! I'm still selling fry at the moment - someone wants 6 from me shortly - there's $30! If you want, you could buy a pair off me and breed them and you'll have fry coming out your ears. The adult had amazing parental skills when caring for their fry (yes had, they sadly died when I had a freak columnaris attack on one of my tanks) and they are a very prolific fish. They are $5 each. By the way, $56 for an NZ reptile permit - that's cheap! I always thought they'd cost something like $200-300!

Im 13 and am Looking to setup an enclosure for some natives but no one in my family Knows how to build lol, i herd permits were like 80-100. Im in Auckland 2, was the doc man nice and r u allowed to get a permit but under ur parents name?

THe doc man was very nice,

he said you can still use the permit as it has your parents and your name on it.

Joefish!

thanks for the offer of me buying some dwarf cichlids BUT i have ran out of tank space. :cry: sorry!

i will sell some of my cichlids then will breed them

Thanks

Matthew

Thats a bit weird i said i was 13 and they put it under my name and didn't charge me! They just said i can take pics of my enclosure and send it to them. Oh and that A,B,C permit system they have the lady told me it was out dated and when i want a new native just to ask and shell issue me a permit for it. And $56 maybe you should try to get a job at a pet shop or a paper round. I volunteered at pets and vets and the lady i work with is trying to get me some pay work.

Thats a bit weird i said i was 13 and they put it under my name and didn't charge me! They just said i can take pics of my enclosure and send it to them. Oh and that A,B,C permit system they have the lady told me it was out dated and when i want a new native just to ask and shell issue me a permit for it. And $56 maybe you should try to get a job at a pet shop or a paper round. I volunteered at pets and vets and the lady i work with is trying to get me some pay work.

i might try that.

Gosh $56 for nothing and you got it for free!