Albino Guppies?

Nymox

She gave birth again today, 4 albino fry alive and well (for now) parents seem to have eaten a fair few and there was about 6 still born. 2 are pink and 2 gold, all 4 red eyes.

The other female in the tank with her also has a pink gravid spot. She looks close to dropping.

The fry are tiny, about 1/4 to half the size of a normal guppy fry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost all the last lot, I had some other fry with them and they all got eaten. Today both females have given birth, I think a lot got eaten but there are still at least 30 in the tank, all albino :bounce: :bounce:

Parents have been relocated to another tank and there are no other fry so here's hoping I get a good majority of them raised.

They are doing well, I lost a few but I think they were just weak, the others that are left seem really strong and healthy. Filling up on microworms nom nom..

Best pics I could do, the tank has a reflective bottom and there is a mirror behind.

DSCF2125.jpg

DSCF2124.jpg

DSCF2123.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

Ok I tried to get a few pics of the parents, mainly the male. Its very hard to get a picture that shows exactly how colourful he actually is, the colouring only shows up on certain angels, its very pretty though.

Dad in front Mum up the back.

DSCF2190.jpg

DSCF2189.jpg

Just Dad

DSCF2183.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

DSCF2150.jpg

I'm very proud of them and I cant wait until I have enough numbers to be able to share.

do you sell on trademe

I don't think I will be putting any up on trademe for quite some time.

I have had a lot of interest, thank you all. I will be using this batch to increase my numbers and get some good breeding stock myself, as well as trading for some new blood. So it will be some time still until I am ready to start selling any sorry. Will keep you all updated in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

whats you blonde ones look like? TBH ive been calling mine snake skin / pastels, some of my males dont have the snake skin patterning and have more of a pastel blue colour to them so hence the 'pastel' name ive been giving them, they shouldnt be too diffrent from yours as theyre from the same line

whats you blonde ones look like? TBH ive been calling mine snake skin / pastels, some of my males dont have the snake skin patterning and have more of a pastel blue colour to them so hence the 'pastel' name ive been giving them, they shouldnt be too diffrent from yours as theyre from the same line

i have breed them so that they produce snakskins and blondes so thats good i just need to improve the line :wink: