Best snail eater?

Vervo

don't really want to sell ours, they are doing a good job making us laugh. :lol:

110L tank isn't suitable for clowns for anything more than a [very] temporary home, and two certainly isn't an ideal number to be keeping. They are active fish that can grow to 12", live for 20+ years and need at the very least 4' of length to stretch their fins in, even when "medium" sized. I know it 'can' be done, but you can also keep a goldfish in a bowl...

I'll second what P44 said; sell the clowns and buy a group of fish you can adequately house in your tank, like dwarf chain loaches.

What type of snails are they? if they're Malaysian trumpet snails, not many fish will actually eat them. Although some yoyo loaches like the taste of them ;)

Both my striata loaches and yoyos have eaten malaysian trumpet snails. Not the dwarf chain loaches but thats because the snails were too big for the little guys to handle :o

I told my boyfriend to get the smallest one, but he didnt listen, It's around 1 year and half now, it's about 4cm long now. I knew it does grow really big, but we bought it for our snail problem, due to moving to a new flat, we had a temp tank for them without any snails or plants, and just move them to our new planted tank, it is 140L, but we put lots of substrates in there, we want to do aquascaping.

they are very playful. even tho they are not really in schools, and they are the bullies in the tank.

just normal snails, I've read somewhere that it will team up with other fish

http://www.fishlore.com/aquariummagazin ... -loach.htm

may just try that with yoyo loach

:roll: maybe I just need a bigger tank and buy more

really dont want to sell them, or get more at this point tho :o

Sadly [for you] the option of selling them is probably the best one, if you are not prepared to house them properly.

Clown Loaches are probably one of the most commonly mistreated fish in the hobby IMO, probably second only to goldfish in sheer numbers. How many of the thousands of 1"ers sold in shops every year end up in 6' tanks growing to 10-12" and living out their potentially long lives?

ive had surprisingly good results with a Geophagus jurupari, he eats them when they come down to the gravel at night. but again they get pretty big, albeit slowly. A long-term solution is to sell the clowns and get some smaller loaches. probably easier to sell when they are still pretty small (take some huge clown loaches into a store and they will know your desparate!)

Sadly [for you] the option of selling them is probably the best one, if you are not prepared to house them properly.

Clown Loaches are probably one of the most commonly mistreated fish in the hobby IMO, probably second only to goldfish in sheer numbers. How many of the thousands of 1"ers sold in shops every year end up in 6' tanks growing to 10-12" and living out their potentially long lives?

Clown Loaches are beautiful fish and deserve to have the right size tank. Buying even two more small CLs isn't the best option if you want to keep these fish and do them the justice they deserve.

:roll: we don't want to sell them, may just add 1-2 small clown loaches

But the small loaches will soon grow into big loaches. I agree with everyone saying you need to get rid of them. A group of Zebra loaches will be much more suited to your tank. They do not grow nearly as big as clown loaches and are an effective snail eater.