My First high tech Aquascape

nandaiyoo

Hi Guys,

Just thought I might share my first high tech Aquascape that I made last November 2009.

I have just dismantled it so all that is left is memories of the first :D .

Anyway I have uploaded the photos to the album on photobucket that might be too large for this forum.

here is the link http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/nandaiyoo/40L%20-%20First%20Planted%20Tank%20Aquascape/

I have now rescaped the tank for another try at a fusion iwagumi tank... I will show progress of that soon :D

Please be nice as this is my first

Hi Guys,

Just thought I might share my first high tech Aquascape that I made last November 2009.

I have just dismantled it so all that is left is memories of the first :D .

Anyway I have uploaded the photos to the album on photobucket that might be too large for this forum.

here is the link http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/nandaiyoo/40L%20-%20First%20Planted%20Tank%20Aquascape/

I have now rescaped the tank for another try at a fusion iwagumi tank... I will show progress of that soon :D

Please be nice as this is my first

Very nice! :hail:

How old was the tank in the last few photos? How did you keep that sand so clean?

Really cool tank!

The tank was about 4-5 months old when I took the photo (February 2010). Since then everything had just over grown (eg Xmas moss) and got tired to trimming it so sold it on trademe lol.

Anyway to keep the sand clean, I basically moved it around or sucked it up with a small tube and then topped it up just to keep the whiteness of the silica sand. It was hard work lol.....

The tank was about 4-5 months old when I took the photo (February 2010). Since then everything had just over grown (eg Xmas moss) and got tired to trimming it so sold it on trademe lol.

Anyway to keep the sand clean, I basically moved it around or sucked it up with a small tube and then topped it up just to keep the whiteness of the silica sand. It was hard work lol.....

That's what I'm doing with my sand as well, it's a tough job :roll:

Good luck with your next project!

hehe thanks!

my next scape is using a slightly coarser sand (playsand) much easier and much more natural... lesser cleaning hehe

Looks great! A lot of co2! :lol:

I like pic number 8 with the 2 cories cruising around together. lol

Yea lol they like to go play around in the sand.

I had to pump alot of Co2 for the lights I had over it 64W over 40L (10Gallon) :o

Hi and welcome.

That tank looks quite cool! I take it you were running pressurised CO2?

Yea I was and I had to with the amount of lights I had over it. I have learnt that after growing glosso, it is not really required to have such a high amount of light. (it was my first lol)

lol so eager, I am waiting for the glosso's to fill in enough and for the hairgrass to grow out.

I will post a pic of the hardscape only real soon. I am at work so cant access photobucket, will have to do it when i get home.

:cry: stupid security restrictions

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...