Aarons First Marine setup Journal – Lots of PHOTOS

ar-photography

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Today i made an overflow snorkel / silencer as you can see in the picture below as well as the HFF overflow guard.

mg2712.jpg

I also did a few tests today results below. :book:

SG: 1.025

pH :8.2

Ammonia: 0.25

Nitrite: 0 ppm (mg/L)

Nitrate: 0 ppm (mg/L)

My refuge seaweeds seems to be doing really well. I also have some life growing in the refuge. is the below anemone a Pest ?? :poke:

mg2719.jpg

mg2721.jpg

Sorry just realised i had not posted any pics of my rock-scape so here is a late update. Let me know what you think. there is approx 30kgs of rock in the display tank and 10kgs in the sump.

THE SACK :hail:

mg2780.jpg

Damn this stuff is not cheap haha

mg2782.jpg

mg2786.jpg

And the my tanks rock-scape

you cant tell from this photo but the rocks are placed almost like an island with nothing touching the front or back only the sides.

mg2793.jpg

wait till ya start seeing pods and all manner of strange critters im still seeing new creatures i didnt know i had lol though im down on pods big time sisnce i added the damsel there is still a few mysis lurking about 8)

Is it possible to get though your cycle with no algae growth cause I'm in the middle of my 4th week cycling and it looks from the tests to be nearing the end and rock still white, only seen a couple of tiny brown algae spots and a dozen purple spots that I am guessing is the start of coralline algae.

Date----22/6------30/6-------1/7----5/7-----7/7

Amm-----0.5-------0.5------- 0.5------0------0

NI-------0.2-------1.0--------5.0-----5.0----1.0

NA-------0---------10--------10------20-----20

Is it possible to get though your cycle with no algae growth cause

defiantly, if you have good water quality.

Most tanks i have set up hardly get any algae growth,

I would start to add a good po4 remover like Deltec po4 remover to help to reduce phosphates.

Having a good protein skimmer will also remove waste before it becomes a issue and gets stored in the rocks.

I would start to add a good po4 remover like Deltec po4 remover to help to reduce phosphates.

Hey Reef im using DI water, tested for phosphates, showed 0.

Does the algae mean I have phosphates and that the test kit isnt good enough? cheers