Clown Loaches being overly hidey

LoveArowanas

the term "eel tail catfish" refers to many many species, some of which are freshwater and some marine.

now which one of the 30 odd species did you mean?

so no 3ft CL

no 6ft pleco.

I'm hoping other members on here are not lead astray with claims of such sizes. :)

it is misinformation.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see how fish get into a human size discussion? How dose that happen?

Anyway as I keep stating and no on wants to comment on is the Eel tail catfish of OZZIE is stated by experts to only get to 400mm, but how come fishing mags show em many many time larger. Just One example.

Any way, this thread to me seems closed in such as words, unless a post of this eel tale is challenged.. Most seem to closed in the head or want to compare humans acting the same as fish in sizes. So no longer posting, with anything to do with this thread. And I am not backing down in this at all.

Are you fishing for a reaction?

The thread has nothing to do with eel tail catfish to start with so why change it to such? You are trying to stir a reaction out of people by doing so. Prove your point with your previous statements.

I believe the thread is discussing Clown loach behaviour. You then made claims to giant fish that no one has proof of.

I have already posted the latin name on this thread. Go back a few post and you shall find it.

And this was a example hence why it was used. As a huge contradiction to what people say that fish only grow a certain amount.

Yes I fish for comps and rec and also in the english style of coures. Plus at times fish other countries for sport.

What has that to do with anything?

Oh and for saying I am starting a fight with other, others are doing the same. I answered the post in the first place similare to others. The rest was from my thoughts gather from other pros around the world which got hit on. And I have every right to answer back, else this is totalertarianism.

mac

Tandanus tandanus is the fish. Some say 400mm some say 36in some say less and more. These are in mags I read in OZ much bigger. And looking in dams creeks ect they get massive. When they should not.

mac

I am sorry. Just can't take this. You are a blind fool who understand stuff all about fish. So I am not interested any more in posting with you.

Trust in you word all you want. I just think you are a noob to fish keeper with a blind mind, and also on what fish do.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine. You can say what you want, if you believe common plecos can grow to 6' and clown loaches to 3' then good for you. Hey, some people believe in scientology. You can call me all the names you like, but until you produce a pic of a 3' clown loach or a 6' pleco then I (and probably most people) aren't going to take you seriously...

I'm sure people are capable of making up their minds as to who is the "blind fool who understands stuff all about fish" and who knows what they're talking about..... :wink:

Good grief! I go away for a few days and look what happens! :roll:

Since mac says he refuses to participate in this thread any more I think the thread can be closed. You can all have your opinions as to the size a clown loach can reach and you will have to agree to disagree.

Good grief! I go away for a few days and look what happens! :roll:

Since mac says he refuses to participate in this thread any more I think the thread can be closed. You can all have your opinions as to the size a clown loach can reach and you will have to agree to disagree.

yes.. we decided on that yesterday :lol:

well halfway between the search for the 3ft clown loach and the 6ft pleco, we discovered a few more species.

Then we discovered a phat car.

By the time we actually found our way back on track, everyone got to say what they had to. it was a long journey, but the search for such large specimens took us all over the globe.

*totally worth it.

Update: I have about 30 plants (in a 180L) plus a shist structure and my large peice of driftwood. (takes up about 1/4 of the tank) Most of the time there are no clowns to be seen but occasionally i can see 2 hiding under the shist. However if I take the top off the tank and peer down I can see 3-4 of them jammed into holes in the driftwood.The others are no doubt there too just out of sight. Now Im wondering if I should take the drftwood out to remove that option for them. Its starting to worry me that they are not getting fed as they do not come out when its feeding time :-?

They will be fine. it can take them a while to get used to the tank and that could mean a few weeks as well. They need to feel secure in their environment and that is easily done by adding plants and providing natural shade from the lights above.

Be very careful with holes that they can jam themselves in. I had a 3' long log that was hollow through the middle with a few entry/exit points along its length, and initially it was a great home for the clowns but as they grey and the school increased in number I found that they were jamming themselves in to the point where they were getting badly scratched and the ones that went in first couldn't get out until the ones at the back decided they wanted to get out. It was a mission trying to get them all out when I decided to remove the wood!

They have been known to wedge themselves so tightly they get stuck and die, so I'd be very cautious about the holes in your driftwood. Either block them up or bore them out so they can't all get stuck.