Ludwigia glandulosa

phoenix44

Can any one give me a hand ID'ing this plant?

I think it is L. Glandulosa.

It is incredibly pretty and does very well under high light. I have some growing in my main tank (where these pics are from) and also in my puffer tank that has lower light (relatively) and the water there is tannin stained.

Top view -

DSC08568Small.jpg

Other -

DSC08580Small.jpg

I think that is what it is ( it used to be called peruensis I think). I haven't grown it submersed as my lights are not strong enough but I have had two forms of it. One is a darker red (almost purple) and the other more red. I think yours is the latter. One branches more and throws more arial roots and one will grow under less intense light but I can't remember which one.

Yeah, that looks like it. Your top photo doesn't show the amazing purple colour of the new leaves that mine has (maybe its the photo) but it does have the same leaf shape and starburst arrangement. One of my favourite plants ever.

Theres a beautiful red plant at the back of one of the planted tanks at HFF Mt Roskill but I haven't been able to find out what it is. I've been losing the red in my plants as I've had to cut my lighting time down a lot to try and hold the hair algae in check.