Bristlenoses laid eggs

Ira

The bristlenoses in my tall tank laid eggs...But...I dunno what they were thinking, instead of laying it in a nice little cave we bought specifically for them...The eggs are stuck to the side of a piece of driftwood out in the open! They eggs are even scattered all over the sand. Stupid fish. :) I'm not going to try and save any of this batch of eggs, though. The next batch I'll try to save.

I can't think of a good way to attach a pot to the side of a branch of driftwood 6 inches off the ground.:) Probably you meant the eggs on the sand? They're scattered over the entire bottom of the tank and I'm not sure I'd be able to get them all shuffled into one spot to put a pot over them. They're about 3 feet down. I don't think the tetras in the tank can eat them anyway, to big for their mouths. We'll see, the pleco will probable eat them though.

ok why they breed there was because of the flow inn your tank so you might have to move your tank around so next time they breed in a cave, but alot of catfish will breed on wood so dont stres and trust me no fish will get near those babies if he is a good dad, you could put a rock in front of them but then you miss you on seeing them hatch.... when they hatch he will move them so they are safe .

:D its great news !!!!!!!

Haha, I'm not stressing. I'm not really hugely worried if they do survive or not. Could be the amount of flow there is why they did it. Only way I can change that is to move an internal filter to point where I want them to lay. Not an easy job.