Emersed glosso

fordayzbro

Evening!

Has anyone here tried growing an emersed glosso carpet and successfully switch to submersed?

I have searched this forum and there is a little information, but just wondering if there is anyone who has had a go recently....

Is it even worth trying? Or am I a mug?

1. in 1 or 2 inches of water.

2. the normal method in a full tank.

what sort of light was it?

I've got 72w T5 hopefully would be enough for normal method in a 60cm

My Co2 adaptor has been deleyed so I thought I'd try getting ahead of myself. :o

I should administer myself a slap for being impatient..... :lol:

That is always the way I have grown it whenever I have grown it in the past. I just plant it out in the preferred nutrient rich substrate and keep the substrate very moist. With good lighting and warmed roots it forms a thick carpet in about a month (if you have planted it out rather thickly). Then gradually increase the water level so that the roots and stems are are submerged but the leaves are floating on the surface of the water. Within two weeks the plants will have plenty of submerged growth and you can cover the plants with water and add CO2. Ensure the light is very good and close to the plants if possible. Easy as, quicker than submerged growth and no algae at all! :D

That is always the way I have grown it whenever I have grown it in the past. I just plant it out in the preferred nutrient rich substrate and keep the substrate very moist. With good lighting and warmed roots it forms a thick carpet in about a month (if you have planted it out rather thickly). Then gradually increase the water level so that the roots and stems are are submerged but the leaves are floating on the surface of the water. Within two weeks the plants will have plenty of submerged growth and you can cover the plants with water and add CO2. Ensure the light is very good and close to the plants if possible. Easy as, quicker than submerged growth and no algae at all! :D

I like the sound of that :D Can't get my light any closer than it already is though. :cry: Does covering the tank with gladwrap help?

My plan all along has been to plant this tank heavy from the get go to help reduce algae... so 4 or 5 pots of glosso grown emersed = 1 month :D

No, don't use gladwrap. Believe it or not, most aquatic plants will grow emersed without a humid environment and that is good for you since you can avoid the fungal issues. 8) Just keep the roots moist and try to water a little every day to keep everything aerated.

No, don't use gladwrap. Believe it or not, most aquatic plants will grow emersed without a humid environment and that is good for you since you can avoid the fungal issues. 8) Just keep the roots moist and try to water a little every day to keep everything aerated.

Thanks! :bounce: Now to find 4 of 5 pots of healthy glosso..... :roll: