I couldnt help myself!

Nymox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is this black whiptail they had?

can you find a pic of it online or something?

Ill have a look, it wasnt black either, body, head and fins looked like that of a lancelot. Its was very light grey with black markings. Nice looking wee fish kinda wish Id have gotten him as well.

Ill have a look, it wasnt black either, body, head and fins looked like that of a lancelot. Its was very light grey with black markings. Nice looking wee fish kinda wish Id have gotten him as well.

was it anything like this whiptail?.. sold to me as a black whiptail but it is brown.

BikBok-whiptail0ct09-9vr.jpg

BikBok-whiptailmay10-wab.jpg

was it anything like this whiptail?.. sold to me as a black whiptail but it is brown.

BikBok-whiptail0ct09-9vr.jpg

BikBok-whiptailmay10-wab.jpg

similar expect for the colours. Markings were slightly different too. Im getting a little confused now though haha seen so many whiptail pics in the last 15 mins.

That's one of philip collis's isn't it?

No positive ID on that one but it is a very pretty fish.

i personally like the lancelotas - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43678&hilit=lancelota+camo

That might be the one p44, so looks more like that then any other Ive seen. Markings and colour are very close. Damn I might be going back tomorrow it seems.

How much was it for?

The black whiptails as phil calls them are only available through him, not the wholesalers - so unless that shop bought some from him (what shop is this?) it is most likely not a black whiptail... if such a thing exists.

lancelota colours can vary a bit from that colour to a darker pattern.

There is added confusion that I am presently trying to decipher with the "filamentosa" whiptails.

yes , my whiptail is from Phil.. got it tiny and it's now full grown (2nd pic taken today, first pic he was almost grown)

I actually like the colouring. He is an omnivore and prefers protein based, never seen him eat veges though I've tried him on all sorts. So much for eating my algae (as you can probably see :oops: )

How much was it for?

The black whiptails as phil calls them are only available through him, not the wholesalers - so unless that shop bought some from him (what shop is this?) it is most likely not a black whiptail... if such a thing exists.

lancelota colours can vary a bit from that colour to a darker pattern.

There is added confusion that I am presently trying to decipher with the "filamentosa" whiptails.

Cant remember how much, I think around $45

yes , my whiptail is from Phil.. got it tiny and it's now full grown (2nd pic taken today, first pic he was almost grown)

I actually like the colouring. He is an omnivore and prefers protein based, never seen him eat veges though I've tried him on all sorts. So much for eating my algae (as you can probably see :oops: )

My lancelot loves bloodworms, goes into a frenzy trying to complete with the other fish, he'll also eat cucumber, zuchinni and especially kumara. This new royal didnt seem fussed with the bloodworms, but hes scoffing the algae something fierce.

My lancelot loves bloodworms, goes into a frenzy trying to complete with the other fish, he'll also eat cucumber, zuchinni and especially kumara. This new royal didnt seem fussed with the bloodworms, but hes scoffing the algae something fierce.

oh my "black " loves bloodworms too but goes crazy over decaps brineshrimp .. really crazy! whizzes everywhere trying to suck them off every surface. wish he would scoff the algae. Don't have enough room in that tank to get a royal , otherwise I would probably start saving my pennies.

I feed my hypans and whiptails raw king prawn :oops: and a whole range of bottom feeder foods.

They occasionally eat better than I do :lol:

nymox - that price is pretty consistent with the expected price of a lancelota.

Raw king prawn? How much does that cost you lol those are the ones you get from the supermarket right? or are they tiger prawns?

Looking at the pic of your lancelota Im almost certain its one, or at least a very close relation. Its also cleared up the fact that the lancelota I got free in cabomba all those months ago is acually a red whip, whos complaining with freebies tho right?? So i guess it means I need a lancelota now :roll:

I didnt mention the discus :P got 4 beautiful 5 month olds from very very good parents, Will be posting pics when they are a little older and colour up some more. I think discus are the fish that pushes you from fish keeping enthusiast to fish nutter :P I already spend alot of time a week on my tanks, its just doubled!

hahah yea.. it can be addictive. i just spent ages with my hands in a tank fixing it, and they are all wrinkly. :lol:

post pics when you can.

The prawn is like $50 or so for a 1kg bag. They get like 1 prawn every 2 weeks or so, and I go through the rest pretty quick.

ive found lancelotas, royals and red whiptails to be very active and not shy at all.

Your not wrong there bro, Lance, well hes gunna have to be called red now, will take bloodworms out of my hand if he can get there fast enough which is rare but special none the less. Counted 12 bars on the discus if that can hold ya off till some piccys hehe.

Haha no problem, Pedro it is!

Im not to sure, I think hes a normal red as there are no markings, hes just that clay red colour. Though I wasnt aware there were different reds. Discus or not im still a long way off shredding my noobism :P

I know they dont really fit here but may as well use the same thread. Discus are settling in well, already starting to show some colour. Having trouble getting the runt to eat though, food just passes him by he doesnt really try, I guess thats why hes the runt. About to do a w/c but thought Id try get a piccy up first. Glass needs a clean I know, not to mention my shoddy camera work as always :oops:

IMG_2098.jpg

those have a snakeskin gene!

I was going to buy some like that. but i want to know what they look like when they get older.

Well Dad was a big boy, and beautiful markings too, so was mum. If they are anything to go by these are gunna be some very stunning fish, I consider myself extremely lucky to have them put it that way haha! Parents are from Tony Tan.

Will have to check out the asain shops around here then, I need more kim chi anyways. Anyone got any tips on getting the runt discus to eat better? its so slow misses most of the food and when it does get some it tends to spit it out. Maybe give him his own tank for a few week fatten him up?

Probably best to keep them together for now. Its probably just naturally more picky, but will likely learn over time to accept the new food. If you separate the runt by itself, the stress of being alone will likely make it go off food completely.

Will have to check out the asain shops around here then, I need more kim chi anyways. Anyone got any tips on getting the runt discus to eat better? its so slow misses most of the food and when it does get some it tends to spit it out. Maybe give him his own tank for a few week fatten him up?