reeves turtle

sneaky2

true, does anyone know if the reeves are tsd?

hot house claims theyre not...but there definitely seems to be more males around then females..

Where have I ever claimed "they're not". The only species of Turtle that I've bred that's known not to be TSD is Chelodina longicollis (Australian Eastern Snake-neck Turtle). Incubation temps for Male Reeve's Turtles seems to be around 27oC - 28oC and females around 30 - 32oC. The Incubator that I incubated all Turtles in was set between 27oC and 30oC. This gave a great mix of Red-eared Sliders sexes. You can't please everyone. Had I turned it up a bit everyone would have been bitchin that there were no Male RES around.

Nice to see your still lerking, i thought that might get a response :D

Sorry I stand corrected, just re-read your old posts. Had my wires crossed. Im not bitchin but you claim to get about 50/50 male to female....maybe you do. Just seems theres much more males around than females.

Maybe Kim Shirley produces just males, wonder if she will pop up :D

Thank Goodness for previous threads. :wink: Pity one doesn't check these first. :roll: All Reeve's eggs incubated in summer months would be more likely to be Female. I got most eggs during the cooler months. I have had feedback from purchasers of Female Reeve's that I have hatched in the past and these are producing fertile eggs.

infertile females? how does one manage that..

i sold my female and a coupld of males, she had never laid for me but was huge :-?

i just thought maybe they could be sexed at a young age...you dont see many in shops that are as small as the red ears.

Those I believe were the ones on trademe recently. I now have them (she is huge, Mark says maybe biggest he has seen). Gives me 2 females and 3 males.

Those I believe were the ones on trademe recently. I now have them (she is huge, Mark says maybe biggest he has seen). Gives me 2 females and 3 males.

Nice one, very likely. Did you get them from me or someone in Auckland?

Biggest I had seen, had another similar sized but found her dead on the bottom of the pond last year :-?

WHOOO :o Back up the bus.....didnt want to open a can of worms,was just FISHING FOR A SWAP!!!doesnt have to be reeves for reeves either..... :wink:

nothing like a bit of friendly discussion :)

at least one of the turtles in this auction looks to be female, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 584260.htm

and atleast one of the ones in this auction looks to be female (24cm is to big for a male i think) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 576434.htm

To stand you corrected Hatchlings purchased over a three year period proved a 50/50 ratio of sexes. More females in the first year, more males in the last year, 50/50 in the middle.

whatever,good that it is now possible to get these whatever the sex,the more people that have pairs trying to breed the better for the hobby in general.