April 12, 201016 yr comment_365847 Im setting up a tank with Demasoni and electric yellows and maybe few more later, Tank is 620T so its kinda High so want to but in driftwood. Will it lower PH level. Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_365850 Yes driftwood will - would try to be more helpful but I don't have those types of fish. Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_365857 I don't think driftwood will stand a chance against calcite sand. It barely does anything in my tank which is suppose to be low pH and gH. Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_365896 Are you sure its a good idea to be putting malawi cichlids in a tank with such a small footprint? Especially considering most people here will recommend you get a sizeable mob of dems. Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_365907 The amount of difference driftwood will make to the pH depends on what else is in the tank with it. Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_365985 Personally I wouldnt put african cichlids in a tank that size. What sort of population were you looking at having? Report
April 13, 201016 yr Author comment_366087 Really, damn, I thought it would be big enough but kinda jumped into it and didnt do my homework. Was planning on about 12 Demasoni an 6 or so electric yellows. Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_366089 I would have thought youd be looking at a 4ft/240L for a group like that. But see what the more experienced people in here say. Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_366098 i had 32 africans cichlid in my 4ft(but sold them just the other day). Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.