Project tank final layout

fordayzbro

Hmmm.. I like that one :D espcially with the gravel being lower in the middle, makes the focal point work. I think i would stick a green, finer leafed stem in the corners kind of over looking the rocks with that hardscape

Also try taking pictures from the angle you would most often look at it from (most likely the front methinks :lol:) and an angle shot please of the ones you like more

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC_1304.jpg

Here is all the glassware in the tank, will need to replace the black cap on the dropchecker and I'm trying to find some clear Co2 hose.

Really happy with how it all looks in the tank, although I may have gone a size to small on the lily pipes and diffuser. :roll:

That's not the final positioning of the glassware just wanted to get it all in the photo... I agree the checker can be move to the other side. :)

Not to sure about the pipes :oops:. I'll give them a go and replace if necessary, The quality is not the greatest but good for the price I guess.

Those are cool pipes, personally I'd put the intake at one end and the outlet at the other. Diffuser under the intake.

The quality is not the greatest but good for the price I guess.

Where abouts did you get them from? Thanks

iAlso phoenix, WHERES MY DIFFUSER?! :evil:

:lol: Just wandering. =p

You should be too preoccupied with all the wandering to be wondering about a diffuser :P

Where abouts did you get them from? Thanks

I got them from fishstreet. Probably could have found cheaper but I liked the regulator and could save on the postage altogether.

I'm going to play around with the pipes and diffuser so I can maximize the distibution of Co2 :) It's going to be a bit of trial and error I guess.

DSC_1305.jpg

Going shopping for the Co2 bottle tomorrow night and have a look in some furniture stores for a potential cabinet I can adapt. Plumbing this weekend, then plant shopping. :bounce:

If you're a member of the PT forum you'll see they have a LOT of DIY ADA style stand threads at the moment, they turn out really well too.

:lol: I was just checking those out :lol:

Those DIY cabinets look really good and I have a few builder mates that could help me but would probably drink beer and end up building a bar instead :lol:

:cry: Sodastream bottle doesn't fit my regulator so adaptor shopping now.

Purchased a cabinet which is nice but is 90cm so will have some space on the sides. I may build a cabinet in the future but this will do until then.

A few bits of plumbing to get so my hose fits my lily pipes and some Co2 hose will have me sorted.

I've decided against planting this with just glosso, a few plants I have in mind:

- Vesicularia montagnei

- Glossostigma elatinoides

- dwarf sagittaria

- Eleocharis

- Lobelia cardinalis (I've never had this before)

- Microsorum pteropus Narrow

- Bolbitis heudelotii

I would like to add something red... crypt maybe

The next part is sourcing these plants so if anyone has any for sale..... :wink:

I've decided against planting this with just glosso, a few plants I have in mind:

Just glosso is really all that can go in a tank with rocks like this, unless you don't mind not using the rocks best their advantage. You're shifting from almost Iwagumi to Nature Aquarium style, therefore the rocks need to be scrapped or changed.

HTH

Just glosso is really all that can go in a tank with rocks like this, unless you don't mind not using the rocks best their advantage. You're shifting from almost Iwagumi to Nature Aquarium style, therefore the rocks need to be scrapped or changed.

HTH

I understand what you mean, I like them both. I didn't really want to follow either of these styles to the letter on this tank. If it turns out looking like a pile of weeds I think I will go Iwagumi.

Could bring some driftwood in also...... :wink:

I understand what you mean, I like them both. I didn't really want to follow either of these styles to the letter on this tank. If it turns out looking like a pile of weeds I think I will go Iwagumi.

Could bring some driftwood in also...... :wink:

Great that you're just going to go for it but I just wanted to offer my advice. I get what you mean about not wanting to follow them, it's just easier to say 'gumi or NA to roughly describe the style. Having your own style is even better though :wink: