help please name these fish

R32GOTMLK

i looked up that tetra and it is a Blind Cavefish - Astyanax mexicanus?

cheers Matt

yes that is them. only these are not the blind "cave" variety, but the normal type. I hope you don't take this the wrong way - but i hate that fish :o i have seen them cause a lot of destruction. not at all peaceful.

hey P44 what is a Synodontis spp?

The syno market is flooded with interspecies crosses. I used spp. cause I did not know what sort of syno it is, but I know its a syno of some sort.

How can it be more than one species??

Well first you get a boy fish and a girl fish that really like each other and are closely related species. Let them have some time together in private, maybe a bit of music, something to drink...

Wait, your parents should be the one explaining this to you, not me.

i have a syno like that 2 did ya get it from redwood? ocefier was the closest i could find to it redwood were unsure as to what it was but it was cheap so i got one. if you are considering selling flick me a pm with a price i may be intersted

the ones in the first pic are Buenos Aires Tetra. i had about 5 of them that killed my 6 rosy barbs and 5 glass bloodfin tetra.

in the end i had 2 left which went in the same tank as my knife fish (the only fish they wouldn't attack as knife's bite back!)

i have a syno like that 2 did ya get it from redwood? ocefier was the closest i could find to it redwood were unsure as to what it was but it was cheap so i got one. if you are considering selling flick me a pm with a price i may be intersted

hi i got it off tm

its about 8 inches

think ill keep him, but if i do wana sell i keep you im mind

hey thanks guys :D:D

Finally settled back in wellington :D

Went round to my parents and picked up some tanks and gear from the fishroom a few weeks ago, Missed having tropicals so much! Got the internet at my new place aswell so that makes things very handy :D Its good to be able to flick through these forums again, always helpful!