After a bit of advise....

s3xtcy

Hey everyone, after some kind of moss that will sit nicely on the bottom of the tank - something that will cushion eggs nicely in my breeding tank, i was told Java Moss, but i want something that looks nice too.... :P something that looks more like a ...carpet moss?... if there is so such thing?

Any ideas are muchly appreciated, or even pics of others planted breeding tanks? what do others use? cheers :)

:bow: :bounce: :bow:

You can try Christmas moss. Its a bit more frilly then java moss and looks really good if you have lots of light an Co2...grows like little trees.

To attach moss to things like rocks or driftwood, just tie it with a few strands of cotton thread and over time it will cling itself.

I don't know what types of fish you are trying to breed but some people also use a bottom covered with marbles to protect the eggs from adults.

At this stage just Odessas, and maybe SwordTails, then maybe some pleco's, etc, just trying to establish something that will work for a variety of different fish :) cheers! whats the xmas moss worth?

Thanks for all the info and help everyone, its muchly appreciated :):bow::bow::hail::bow::bow:

Its not too expensive...a bit more then java. See if anyone on here is willing to give/sell you some. You are unlikely to find it in a petstore.

There are people selling it on trademe occasionally, but usually overpriced.