Canister Filters

wellmax

:bounce: :oops:

In NZ there is only one supplier of Aqua One Filters I believe. But the mark-up between retail outlets is tremendous.

Take for example the Aqua One Aquis CF2400 Canister Filter, Hollywood Fish Farm $577, Wonderworld Aquatic Pet Centre, Rotorua $450, Petonline $359, Petmart $343.

Can anyone here explain to me why the wide price differences and does anyone know of anyone cheaper than Petmart. Regards John Mc :bounce:

some of the online stores can sell cheaper as they dont have the overheads that an actual lfs have but in the case of petmart who knows i bet its the same price in their actual shop too with a price like that why would ya go elsewhere considering postage will be less than $20 aneway . i also remember pet pit stop having cf1200s for $135 when i asked them about that they said they had to buy a pallet load to get them cheap enough to sell at that price

Can anyone here explain to me why the wide price differences and does anyone know of anyone cheaper than Petmart.

As above, the online stores don't sell fish so can afford to put less of a markup on their hardware. Unless you want a canister to filter an empty tank I'd suggest supporting the LFS even if it costs a little more. Try having a talk and see if they can sharpen the price a little?

If you are correcting your typos Trav, may I suggest you fix all the errors in your sig as well? :wink:

The other advantage of buying locally is it is easier to get help if something goes wrong while it is still under warranty.

Did you konw you’re a guiens? Jsut the fcat taht you can atllacuy raed tihs psot porves taht fcat. The huamn mnid is so pufowerl it can dcodee tihs txet eevn tguohh eervy sglnie wrod is slepled iocenrtclry. The one cavaet is taht the frist and lsat lertets are pervresed in erevy wrod. Cidrgbame Uitesirnvy cetoudncd a sduty and fnuod taht the biarn deos not raed eevry snlige lteetr, but wodrs as a wohle

who said spelling is important :wink:

I'm dyslexic so don't shout at me (fact)

So am I, but I guess thats why they added a spell checker to firefox, to save poor people like us. I think as long as the post is readable people shouldnt feel the need to constantly correct others. Doesnt really do much other then make them feel bad about something they dont have alot of control over.

Grammar Nazis have their place, a hobby forum is not one of them in my opinion. Not everyone is good with English. But, I agree, if your written word is poor, use a spell checker. Some words like "your" and "you're" change the entire context of a sentence, same with "there" and "their"

To the OP, generally with on sellers, they have price differences, due to the amount they purchase. A small shop would receive a smaller discount, than say animates.

Yes, we sell computers but do not get the wholesale price offered to the big chain stores :roll:

It's a tough one, on the one hand you look after the big spenders, on the other, the smaller business struggle to comete, but you make a higher profit selling to them, even if it is a lower volume. Personally, id rather sell $500 worth of product at a 30% gp to 5 stores, then a $1000 dollars at 15% gp to 2 if ya get my drift.*

* figures are not my strong point after a long day, and this late at night, I hope that made sense.