March 1, 201016 yr comment_358150 I have a small AR380 tank, with 4 x baby bristlenoses, and 6 baby guppies, 2 of the bn's will be moved to my main tank when they get bigger, as will the guppies, I want a nice colourful ACTIVE fish to go in this tank, I don't want another fighter, and my main tank already has dwarf gaourami's, can anyone recommend me a fish compatible with BN's, and 3 guppies? The tank is planted, with ambulia, and Java fern, it has driftwood, and some rocks, and a fine grit type substrate in black. This tank is right by my PC, so gets a lot of attention from me, so something active, with personality/character would be awesome Cheers in advance Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358151 I got a pair of bolivian rams in my ar380, using the black background and black silica, they look real nice in there and spawn all the time so they must be happy enough. They share it with a lancelot whiptail. Only problem is when they're feeling frisky I tend to end up with all my plants floating but other then that couldnt be happier with the tank the way it is. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358156 whiptail is about 6cm rams Ive had for a while now so much be fully grown. Male about 6cm female 4.5 I guess. Tried them in the larger tanks but they seperated and male even beat female up a few times. They seem to like it in there. Report
March 1, 201016 yr Author comment_358160 I got a pair of bolivian rams in my ar380, using the black background and black silica, they look real nice in there and spawn all the time so they must be happy enough. They share it with a lancelot whiptail. Only problem is when they're feeling frisky I tend to end up with all my plants floating but other then that couldnt be happier with the tank the way it is. The bolivian rams are pretty cool, are they similar to german rams? Apisto Hongsloi, in HFF, looks nice, pricey tho How pricey? They look nice, are they active? Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358162 Ive got no experience with german rams, I was recommended bolivians for my first tank, was a 50ltr which I think is very close to the volume of the ar380. They are extremely peaceful with other fish, will even let smaller fish push them around, they are defensive when guarding eggs and fry but I havnt seen them acually bite the fish that get to close, they just scare em away. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_358169 I have a small AR380 tank, with 4 x baby bristlenoses You will move them out when they get bigger right? Without guppies I'd suggest dwarf puffers. Report
March 1, 201016 yr Author comment_358244 You will move them out when they get bigger right? Without guppies I'd suggest dwarf puffers. For sure, they will go into my ar620T when they are a wee bit bigger. Will most likely get a GBA or a albino BN for the 380 when the other bns are grown and moved Report
March 1, 201016 yr Author comment_358245 Ive got no experience with german rams, I was recommended bolivians for my first tank, was a 50ltr which I think is very close to the volume of the ar380. They are extremely peaceful with other fish, will even let smaller fish push them around, they are defensive when guarding eggs and fry but I havnt seen them acually bite the fish that get to close, they just scare em away. Good to hear, will check em out at HFF next week. thanks. Report
March 2, 201016 yr comment_358369 how about mollies or swordtails? my 1st choice would be rams tho Report
March 2, 201016 yr Author comment_358380 Not a fan of the mollies. Sword tails might be a goer. I'm liking the rams more and more. I'm almost set on Bolivian rams. Now i just need to get me some moss, and some more ambulia. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.