new owner.Red Sea MAx 250

jwinkie

Hi there

New here and first post.I live in HB.

I have just purchased a red sea max 250 after seeing one in a local shop.I havent ever kept marine fish before so very defnately flying blind here.

It has only just arrived today so needs assembly but Im looking forward to getting it set up.

Is there anyone here that has one of these tanks?

The Pet Center in Wellington have sold out of them.

That would be because the price was pretty competitive :wink:

Hi jwinkie, welcome, how about introducing yourself in the Welcome section?

Have a read here, then feel free to ask any setup questions that you may have, they are pertinent no matter what system you are starting up.

Hello again.

I got mine from the Pet Centre In Wellington[Peter].A good bloke and he even deilvereed it to my transporter.And it flamming heavy!!.

I was a bit worried about buying a complete set up as you are stuck with what ever components they use where if you purchase everything seperately you choose the quality so I hope it doesnt back fire on me.Quality looks good though.I had a Aqua 1 R1200 before that and lets just say I think they are lacking.Opinion only ofcourse.Putting the cabinet together now and already the cabinet assembly is giving me grief.Dont like the fixings that much.I hope the rest goes together ok and its rigid.Cabinet finish is good.Matt black

Brennos, you should just pick up an AR380 or AR126 and convert it into a nano reef mate :P Apparently it can be done without a skimmer if you keep the bio load low.

It is not as easy as it sounds, be careful with this approach. Keeping the temperature down in a tank this small will be a major problem.