Angels

Bellshill Belgians

Hrd to tell without a picture. People are prepared to breed any sort of angels to each other so there are some weird angels out there. The genes are in pairs and when I was breeding angels I was going for a double marble gene to give a full marble pattern and one or two gold genes to give a bit of gold colour to the head. I have seen koi with a single marble gene and I don't like the look. To me a good koi is red/gold

Ok, maybe I haven't asked quite the right question. I am looking to add a small number of angels to my south american tank. I have seen advertised for sale gold marble angels and also koi angels. The pictures of each look alike and I am wondering if they are one and the same but with different names. What I am trying to avoid, is buying say "a gold marble" angel and then finding out it is not actually what I wanted. Please appreciate I live in a remote location and cannot just pop into a LFS.

The angels I like have good, bright gold/red markings with a strong black/white marble pattern but I'm not totally sure what the correct name for them is.

• 2 weeks later...