Locusts

Charlie

got 50 Locusts today, i ordered the wrong size so i am going to have to grow them out...

I have some crickets on the way (adults) for breeding and to feed the Leos that now arrive next saturday as that is when the breeder is happy for them to go.

For the locusts I have them in 50 liters plastic tub, grass and egg crates... they have a 60watt lamp on them until me heat cable arrives for them then ill switch them onto that (I have a contoller to keep temps at about 28...

Am i doing it correct?

no your not.they need to be in the thirties to produce viable eggs.And don!t worry they grow pretty fast.Wear a dust mask when you are feeding them etc as they can cause seriuos alergic reactions in some people.I have just recently done away with rearing them for this reason.Had like a permanent cold/flu and asthma symptoms that I have never had in my life.

no your not.they need to be in the thirties to produce viable eggs.And don!t worry they grow pretty fast.Wear a dust mask when you are feeding them etc as they can cause seriuos alergic reactions in some people.I have just recently done away with rearing them for this reason.Had like a permanent cold/flu and asthma symptoms that I have never had in my life.

interesting, ive had something similar over past year or 3 and no one in my family i know of gets hay fever or any serious allergies..

Me been the exception. I do have an intolerance to wheat, so even then bran sometimes gets up my nose :-?

they are tiny mayby 3mm!!! Im not happy aye, fully got the order number the wrong way round. How long will it take them to grow?

temps are a 33 and fresh food every day... I have chucked in a slice of apple too?

My crickets will arrive soon to they are adults so they should start breeding soon.

they don`t take long at all.if you were feeding them out to leopard g`s they would be too big within 10-14 days?I take it they are meant to be your breeders so probably a good idea to get some more big ones and just get some eggs started as soon as you can and feed the smaller ones till they get too big.The temp sounds about right now.