where could I find this plant in nz?

Chogs

Hi

Im looking for a plant called Micranthemum/Hemianthus micranthemoides

I think its called pearl weed also.

Has anyone seen this plant in new zealand before,im realy keen for a cutting of it...

Is there anywhere else apart from trade me and LFS that has aquatic plants for sale like an online shop?

thanks

Im sure Hollywoods Mt Roskill had some, but it was not for sale.

I cant remember exactly if its that, but the guy said he would PM me when its ready for sale.

That was nearly 4 months ago, so I assume its not being sold.

I may be wrong , but Im sure it was this plant. I was tired and not thinking straight after just being at a Slayer/Megadeth gig the night before.

HTH

No, it's not baby tears and yes it is around, well it used to be. I used to have some in my old planted tank a few years ago, but I haven't seen it since...just like barclaya :-? Maybe try ringing Organism?

EDIT: added photo

This was it

hemianthusmicranthemoides.jpg

Yes I talked to John at Organism and he faxed a supplyer for me so will see what comes up.

Wow nice tank by the way and thats definitely the plant.

Im sure Hollywoods Mt Roskill had some, but it was not for sale.

I cant remember exactly if its that, but the guy said he would PM me when its ready for sale.

That was nearly 4 months ago, so I assume its not being sold.

I may be wrong , but Im sure it was this plant. I was tired and not thinking straight after just being at a Slayer/Megadeth gig the night before.HTH

would you send some to me if you were lucky enough to get a cutting?

Slayer/Megadeth,sounds lovely :o

Yep :roll:

Man, how about giving people a break. Not to pick on this post in particular but there have been a few replies recently to newish folk that are just a bit mean. This was an genuine question that didn't deserve an eye roll. Esp as they were correct and it wasn't babytears.

Man, how about giving people a break. Not to pick on this post in particular but there have been a few replies recently to newish folk that are just a bit mean. This was an genuine question that didn't deserve an eye roll. Esp as they were correct and it wasn't babytears.

youre over reacting.

fair call P44, I'm still a newish user on the site and often read pretty curt responses to posts etc. Noted it was kinda unfair to pick on that particular post but if we aren't positive (says the person that just threw the first stone!!) and/or helpful with new people/questions then people might not come back.

I know that when you join a longstanding forum where there are all sorts of relationships and injokes flying around things can get misunderstood etc.

In this case I just thought it was a bit off (imo)

the plant in question is sold under at least 3 different common names, and since its grown emersed and the leaf looks different, is confsed and even sold as baby tears all the time. Im sure I have sold this as baby tears dozens of times.

yea I agree it is easy to confuse.

Sorry Chogs I wasn't in the best of moods last night and didn't play nicely.

Hows that paekakboyz :roll: :wink:

Sorry Chogs I wasn't in the best of moods last night and didn't play nicely.

Hows that paekakboyz :roll: :wink:

Its fine dont no worrys at all

There are four plants around that are very similar and they are generally sold in the emersed form. Hemianthus has the leaves in apposing pairs. The others I think alternate. They are all called baby tears along with some other plants.

so ive seen a plant at my lfs and it is sold under the name of baby tears it has fat rounded leaves would this be Hemianthus,or some other plant?