Banana Cake recipe

oO SKIPPY Oo

I use the one out of the Edmonds Cookbook - never failed yet, except the bananas have to be really ripe - as in brown and nearly crawling out of the fruitbowl by themselves...

Cook it in two tins, not one or it gets dry around the edges and stodgy in the middle.

except the bananas have to be really ripe - as in brown and nearly crawling out of the fruitbowl by themselves...

That's what has always kinda grossed me out about banana bread. I like it, but I don't like that it's made with rotting bananas.

oh true - will see if we have an edmonds cookbook - that could be a problem :)

I use the one out of the Edmonds Cookbook - never failed yet, except the bananas have to be really ripe - as in brown and nearly crawling out of the fruitbowl by themselves...

Cook it in two tins, not one or it gets dry around the edges and stodgy in the middle.

From the Edmonds book;

125g butter, 175g sugar, 2 eggs, 225g flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 2tbsps boiling milk, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 2 mashed bananas. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mashed banana. Dissolve the 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda in the boiling milk then add to the mixture. Lastly add flour and baking powder. Pour mixture into two greased sandwich tins. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.

Definitely :wink:

Let it rest 10 minutes or so, the sides will shrink away from the tin. Ice when cold. Eat immediately as it will go off otherwise :lol:

So, you using chocolate or banan flavoured icing? 8)

There is a thread somewhere here on the "proper" icing for banana cake :lol:

heres a better one (spoke to a chef mate of mine) - chocolate drops/chips - 2x teaspoons of oil and a microwave - goes hard when it cools - hopefully it will cool in this heat

what did you say about it not lasting very long ? i had my daughter and her friend here - they are both 4 and now there is only half a cake left !!!

so much for a surprise for the wife :)

a really nice icing is GANACHE

1 tub of thickened Cream

1 packet chocolate buttons. (375gm approx, I use a packet of the PAMS chocolate buttons)

Heat cream till it bubbles

reduce heat and mix in chocolate buttons till all melted

Pour over cake.

and most important of all, lick spoon :wink: :lol: :lol: