Build Your Own Fish Tank Light?

tukituki

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this work in series? for example 3 or 4 eco bulbs off a single power supply? and whats the output/plant growth like with these bulbs?

Cheers

LB

Wired in series? No, not unless you have 750-1000 volts to power it. In parallel yes, easily.

Who said i was?

I think it was implied since your posting in a "Do it yourself" forum, under a topic of "Build Your Own Fish Tank Light". :lol:

But I'm glad you hear your not planning on doing it yourself, your sparky will have no trouble connecting up multiple light into one hood.

nothing hard about buying a warehouse light, putting a 6500K energy saver in it, and claiming it works :lol:

Yes, that is true. But it doesn't stop questions like "What's the growth like under these?" or "Can they fit in any lamp?" :)

And we could make an article out of it? :wink:

Sam any article is appreciated. You don't need a lot of "knowledge" just a clear "this is what I did and it worked" (or didn't work as the case may be). Often saying what didn't go right is just as helpful, if more so, than having an article on the "correct" way of doing something.

Of course,if it involves electricity, we need to make sure it is right and that people need to know what they are doing!