my new dats and leopard fish

trav

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna end this stupid arguement over 'possiblities' right now, nothing is for sure, they havent come in before and could be some time before anything happens, and if they do come in they will be small so you cant put it in with your other large fish, you can only buy one coz there will be demand and they are too aggressive to be kept in groups (although some have succeeded in large groups which you wont be able to do), other people who want the fish too wont be able to hold your one coz of the agrression with their own one

AAANNNNDDD.... morcs likes me more so there :P:P:wink: lol, dont ya morcs?

not gonna reply to anything on this thread now.

im gonna end this stupid arguement over 'possiblities' right now, nothing is for sure, they havent come in before and could be some time before anything happens, and if they do come in they will be small so you cant put it in with your other large fish, you can only buy one coz there will be demand and they are too aggressive to be kept in groups (although some have succeeded in large groups which you wont be able to do), other people who want the fish too wont be able to hold your one coz of the agrression with their own one

AAANNNNDDD.... morcs likes me more so there :P:P:wink: lol, dont ya morcs?

not gonna reply to anything on this thread now.

HAHAHA well put, yes, it is a HUGE IF, for getting them in, and when they do, I will make sure I get enough to go round :) (After ive taken 20 myself) :lol:

and thats the end of the topic for me also.

I highly doubt NGT's will be coming in, I can't imagine many importers/exporters willing to risk expensive fish (and their livelihoods) a couple of oddball fish.

lol perhaps if you work at animates....

Most normal people appreciate when you speak english to them. Scientific names are meaningless on their own unless the recipient knows exactly what it means, or there is confusion amongst species of whom common names are confused. theres no point in spouting scientific names unless its absolutely necessary. Anyone can use google.

And yes, i do take that as an insult.

And the comment about NGTs is highly contradictory. But i wont get into politics here.

I highly doubt NGT's will be coming in, I can't imagine many importers/exporters willing to risk expensive fish (and their livelihoods) a couple of oddball fish.

lol perhaps if you work at animates....

where the hell do you get off attacking someone because of where he works? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Keep ya panties on P44, Morcs explained it himself but somehow still managed to take it as an insult... :roll:

Most normal people appreciate when you speak english to them. Scientific names are meaningless on their own unless the recipient knows exactly what it means, or there is confusion amongst species of whom common names are confused. theres no point in spouting scientific names unless its absolutely necessary.

It was more to do with Animates target audience than the quality of the staff there, although I suspect you two (plus Atown and any others that happen to be on here) are the exception and not the norm. I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember what Jansens Mt Eden was like 8+ years ago, but back then their fish room was serious competition to Hollywood, loads of marine stuff, corals etc, huge reef display, plenty of rare and oddball fish, and prices that weren't consistently higher than everywhere else. I appreciate you guys are doing what you can while following the company policy, but if you look at new stores like Lunn Ave which have about half a dozen tanks filled with the basic beginner community fish you can see the market the company is interested in, and its not the serious enthusiast.

So as I said, Latin names don't matter too much if you work at animates, but anyone who considers them to be an enthusiast should go to the trouble of learning them.

Sorry about the sidetrack Trav, back to the pics/discussion of dats...

Keep ya panties on P44, Morcs explained it himself but somehow still managed to take it as an insult... :roll:

It was more to do with Animates target audience than the quality of the staff there, although I suspect you two (plus Atown and any others that happen to be on here) are the exception and not the norm. I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember what Jansens Mt Eden was like 8+ years ago, but back then their fish room was serious competition to Hollywood, loads of marine stuff, corals etc, huge reef display, plenty of rare and oddball fish, and prices that weren't consistently higher than everywhere else. I appreciate you guys are doing what you can while following the company policy, but if you look at new stores like Lunn Ave which have about half a dozen tanks filled with the basic beginner community fish you can see the market the company is interested in, and its not the serious enthusiast.

So as I said, Latin names don't matter too much if you work at animates, but anyone who considers them to be an enthusiast should go to the trouble of learning them.

Yes you are correct. I accept your explanation.