my new dats and leopard fish

trav

hey guy just bought a 4 foot tank 200l and 2 dats one is 6cm and other is 15 cm and the leopard fish is 8cm any ideas what other fish would go nice in there and it say he feeds them hikari sinking carnivore pellets anything else i should feed them etc blood worm ... :D 8)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup i will post some pics abit later . they are awesome i feed them blood worms and the small dat ate 1 and a half squars of bood worms and the big one only ate the small ones that feel of the others same with the leopard centempoma

hey there, you proberly don't want to be feeding them on bloodworm all the time - try getting them onto pellet foods or raw prawns my dats love the stuff yesterday i feed them mussels and they looked so cool trying to eat them.

Bloodworms aren't very nutrital (sp?) so the dats won't grow on them.

Hi, shrimp is good - but you should try getting them on pellet food as it has all the goodness that they need and cheaper to feed them on

Also try thinly slicing ox heart (remove ALL fat), they will love that to - and that puts weight on them fast

2 borneo tigers

Borneo tiger is a bit of a nonsense name. Have a read of the Datnioides Species profile here, there's a couple of good pics to help identify them. More than likely they are D. microlepis or Indonesian Tiger, but lately D. polota or American Tigers seem to be more commonly available. I've only ever seen one true widebar/siamese tiger/D. pulcher here, although many IT's can have similar looking striped but the two bars on the base of the tail give it away.

Borneo tiger is a bit of a nonsense name. Have a read of the Datnioides Species profile here, there's a couple of good pics to help identify them. More than likely they are D. microlepis or Indonesian Tiger, but lately D. polota or American Tigers seem to be more commonly available. I've only ever seen one true widebar/siamese tiger/D. pulcher here, although many IT's can have similar looking striped but the two bars on the base of the tail give it away.

Cheers David. these fellas know, its for the 'uneducated' ones out there, as thats what they sell as. I had to educate the importer the other week in an attempt to get NGTs. fingers crossed!

Cheers David. these fellas know, its for the 'uneducated' ones out there, as thats what they sell as. I had to educated the imported the other week in an attempt to get NGTs. fingers crossed!

What you calling me 'uneducated'?!!!! :evil: :o :-? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: yeah, it confuses me sometimes.

hi guys travis have indo datnoid's just leting you now his still quite new to keeping the more pricey fish :):P

haha, lol coming from you D thats great! :lol: :lol: