Good deal?

Aquila

Hi guys, what do you think this pair values at?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =265311879

I have contacted the gentleman but at this stage he does not want to sell the fish separately. I am still considering buy the package and then selling the aquarium off, but how much do you think the fishies are worth?

How about these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =264211080

This auction expired recently but they may be listed again.

Cheers, Milena

That is a lot of pennies to have in one bag.

Lol, how much do some of those fancy plecos cost again?

Yeah, this type of purchase isn't one i'm planning to do often. Its really a gift for finishing my masters and landing a job at Doc :)

Plus if you think of it as only being 2-3 weeks rent...then its not really that bad.

But I do think they may be a bit over priced and I'm terrified of killing them!

Lol, how much do some of those fancy plecos cost again?

:D:hail: point.

Yeah, this type of purchase isn't one i'm planning to do often. Its really a gift for finishing my masters and landing a job at Doc :)

Congrats!!! :bounce: That is awesome news!

Plus if you think of it as only being 2-3 weeks rent...then its not really that bad.

But I do think they may be a bit over priced and I'm terrified of killing them!

More like a weeks rent :oops:

Breeding pairs will usually sell for that.

I'm unsure what the babies from the blue diamond and the turquoise would look like.

I do like that other pair on there though.

Have you considered trying to buy 1 year old + discus and getting a group? letting them pair off and then sell the extras to recover the money?

Thanks! I'm so happy as well :)

I'm unsure what the babies from the blue diamond and the turquoise would look like.

I do like that other pair on there though.

Have you considered trying to buy 1 year old + discus and getting a group? letting them pair off and then sell the extras to recover the money?

yeah, not sure what they'd look like either...plus the guy doesn't want to sell them separately from the tank.

I do like the other pair a lot. Maybe I can ask for another picture of what they look like when they are lighter if he re-lists.

I am still tossing it up between getting a group of 4 young ones, and just getting a pair and raising up a few of the babies. Don't really have the facilities to make this a big money-making operation. Just wanted to have a go at keep as many babies alive as possible. I'd need to give most of the babies away at an early age.

Looking into what the breeders have available at the moment. What do ~50cm ice blues and blue snakeskins run for typically?

discus pricing is a bit more complicated than that. fish could range from $50 retail to $150.

cheaper to buy them off a breeder, there is no denying that.

snakeskins (real snakeskins) will be more expensive, and I have not seen the real blue diamonds in a long time now.

I like the red / blue turquoise as well.

discus pricing is a bit more complicated than that. fish could range from $50 retail to $150.

cheaper to buy them off a breeder, there is no denying that.

snakeskins (real snakeskins) will be more expensive, and I have not seen the real blue diamonds in a long time now.

I like the red / blue turquoise as well.

Yeah, definitely buying off a breeder! And not just because of the price! They will have a better stock which has been de-wormed and I can contact them if I need any help too!

I like the look of any of the ones that have lots of blue, or something like the checkerboard. Just wondering about the blue ice because i've heard they are really expensive... Love the red/blue turqs but so far not available at breeders for some reason.

I don't really know how to tell whether something is a real snakeskin or a real blue diamond...just know what looks good to my eye so they can have a muddy lineage as long as they are fat and healthy and have a nice shape body-wise.