Lizard breeders

reptilez

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you got the idea that biosupplies mealworms are sterile as I have bred heaps from them.

oh they told me all their bugs where sterile?

Oh no i have no intentions of trying to super grow my Leos that fast but im just saying that its a stable diet. If i wanted to protein overload them/fat overload id feed them wax worms

if there was a significant problem with pestacides I would imagine the grasshoppers would be dead??

well yes but they could have eaten plants wich could be posioness/carry ferts...

may not be enough to kill a dragon but it could make a young one ill??? best to know where your feeders came from.

i think the repto was refering to the amount of dollars these beginner reps cost at the moment

and even the easiest of reps to keep get problems that can go unnoticed to the inexperienced eye

reps hide illness and pain well until it is sometimes too late to reverse the damage done

even the most experienced keepers gt caught out sometimes

understanding is different than doing.People that get into a `hobby` with the aim of making money are not really hobbyists?

didnt see any posts started by me saying... Im getting 5 Leos to breed and make lots of money what do i do???

I can think of many many hobbyists that got into breeding to make money and they do, but they also have awsome collections, great husbandary skills, huge knowledge in which they poor back into the hobby? so are they not hobbyists?

It was my impression that bio suppiles pet market was an aside to the bugs they supply for the medical industry amongst others...this may not be the case but that would imply that they have access to medically clean bugs...sterile??

Just a thought....have to find out where we get our leaches and maggots from and that will tell me I suppose?

Nav

astroturf is good, easy to clean and its better than sand for babys.

Do you know all about temps and lighting requirement for beardies?

yes i do know some heating and lighting requirments.But if you happen to know some to tell me.That would be great!!!!!

Thanks Matthew

you are doing the right thing reptilez by researching and asking questions

you will get many different opinions on how to keep any animal

when you hear the same thing from more than one experienced keeper, then i would take it on board

at the end of the day it is up to you how you want to keep your rep :wink:

thanks,

i have got astro turf as the floor like alot of people recommend.

Thanks for answering my questions.i have one more quick question,What lights/ heaters do you recommend for a 116cm legnth x 45 cm depth x 45 cm height.

it probably will be housing a 3 month old bearded dragon.

What wattage bulbs and what bulbs ??

Thanks Matthew

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!