Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help Please

Featured Replies

How do you tell the sex of Black ghost knife fish? I have 2 and they have started dancing round each other need to know if I should be moving all the other fish from the tank or seperating these two to keep the peace abit.

From aqua-fish.net

Sexing

There is no way to determine the sex of this fish just by looking at it.

couple of other side say the same

one even mentioned that it can change gender if appropriate, so you might have a couple there :)

But they are/can be aggressive to other tank members, I can imagine that will be worse while spawning

  • Author

OOh crap Thank you the flatmate is now laughing becuase I was told these were 2 boys

oooh well more fishys maybe ....where to put another tank

it is pretty normal for them to zap each other, and "dance" circles around each other. keep an eye out for torn fins. I have housed more than 2 together, and they were awesome, and I didn't have any problems at all.

could be the change in weather i.e. low pressure system approaching as fish are sensitive to this. I know my male fighters started blowing nests 2 -3 days ago so I knew before it was forecast that there was a colder front coming.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.