introducing two bristlenoses

Carlos & Siran

We've had a bristle nose in our quarantine tank for about 6 months now and it's nose is still as smooth as a babies bum, so we thought we'd do a bit of match making and plonk her in with Basil brush (our resident fulla) in the 4 ft.

But we wanted to make sure there's no rules of decorum to follow. Do we just chuck her in and put on some Barry White? or do we have to have to follow some stringent rules? Google doesn't have a lot to say about it.

huh thats hilarious! Look at him there just chillin' :lol:

Maybe i should get some Barry White and candles - my 2 BNs have been together for a few years with no sign of much of anything. Occasionally she will get all fat and he will get all territiorial, then.... nothing. Got another male who will be joining them in about 6months or so, maybe that will spice things up a bit! lol

We've had a bristle nose in our quarantine tank for about 6 months now and it's nose is still as smooth as a babies bum, so we thought we'd do a bit of match making and plonk her in with Basil brush (our resident fulla) in the 4 ft.

But we wanted to make sure there's no rules of decorum to follow. Do we just chuck her in and put on some Barry White? or do we have to have to follow some stringent rules? Google doesn't have a lot to say about it.

It can take time lol I got a male for my female and there was nothing for close to 12 months and then all of a sudden they were at it and wouldn't stop, I had to remove him so he could have a rest and recondition himself lol

I have a big group of BNs, more males than females. They did nothing for 4 or 5 years then didn't stop breeding for another 1 or 2 years then stopped again until another 4 or 5 years went by then suddenly I find fry zipping about again. Of course the fry could be from some of the resulting original fry, not the originals. I have no idea who is doing the producing as I don't know where they lay the eggs. My tank is heavily planted and has no caves, just big bits of driftwood. I suspect they have a hollow area in the driftwood somewhere, or under it. :-?

Hiya

Well they seem to have a little cave to themselves, and I have not seen our fulla for a few days now, he seems to be staying in their little cave and you don't see her very often but she is the only one I see that comes out. I was just wondering, when they do have eggs, what is the gestation period between laying and hatching?

Thanks

Siran