rocks

oO SKIPPY Oo

I got some rocks today from evans bay and thought i should check what the normal process is for putting them into tanks ? ie do they need to be soaked for a week before putting in ? or a quick wash and they should be good to go ?

i think they are above the high tide mark but im not 100% sure on that

cheers

Skip

I agree Ira! :lol:

I have used some like that in my tanks with no problems at all. Avoid limestone as it will rasie the pH. Most rocks found here are inert and fine to use. Slate, greywake and schist are all good and the most common (I think).

We used to have a member who also belonged to the local Rock and Mineral Club and she was handy to ask about the different sorts and where to find them but, sadly, she died a few years ago. :cry:

yeah thats what ive read so should be all sweet - i think the tanks look much better now i have rearranged them a little :)

I think I've seen rocks like that on a beach before, I could break them open. Perhaps not the same kind.

Yes, white vinegar. It's an acid so if it fizzes then the rocks are alkaline, if not then they are neutral.

HTH