Aqua One AR 980 Filtration

js

Hi everyone

Thinking of getting an aqua one ar980, but am worrying about the filtration. I keep seeing things on this forum where people have a "whole aqua one unit" and seem to add an external filter.

Is this necessary? I don't really want to spend so much on the tank, if I then need to spend even more on another filter?

Any comments would be appreciated. Just wanting to set it up as a community tank. Neon's, platys, tetras etc.

Thank you.

Thanks for that. Was hoping that would be the answer. One more question, I have also read on a UK forum, that they are very noisy and a nuisance if they are in the lounge. Can anyone confirm this please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My answer is place some filter foam over the outlet hole. That stops the water running straight down, dragging air with it

the piece of filter foam also collects a bit more muck, that will, in time block the pores up. So what i do , is to give it a quick rinse every 2 or 3 days, just to be on the safe side.

:bounce: Noise Gone :bounce:

Its fine for what you plan to put in it, only thing i would say to adapt is a small grill around the filter intake to prevent leaves from entering the pipes, other than that its fine, great for small fish + some discus etc, ive had bichirs, dats, an aro :roll: lol not in there anymore, oscar etc. Would you be interested in my one, its for sale 8) ?

Hi i have the model down from the 980, with the same filtration setup, i got rid of it and replaced with a canister filter because i got sick of the trickling noise.

Same here, i carefully modified my AR850 tank and put a fluval 205 external filter in. Silent and efficient filtration.

IMG_4615.jpg

I put some photos on this forum somewhere on what mods i did to the tank, can't find them though :(