Free kittens

:D

:lol:

no i meant southerrrrrrrn girl or is it (girrrrrrl) knew it was a female but i did not read any thing about female.

call her bumbletron?

lol I wondered if that was directed at me but then New_to_fish_world replied, so I assumed it was not.

So yeah, you did not read properly :D

We have a ginger female, called Murphy. Cos we thought she was a boy when we got her.. then realised sometime later that was not the case, but by that stage the name Murphy had stuck.

i think its 75% of gingers are boys and 25% are girls, roughly

Its because the the 'non-ginger' gene which makes them tortieshell is carried by the girls, so some ginger girls have black show as well and are tortieshell, while the other half are just ginger.

And thus, you rarely get boys that are tortoiseshell.

yup, and tortie boys are real freaks that either have an extra female chromosome so they are xxy instead of xy. And some are merged twins, and have a whole second set of genes from their sister who was absorbed, strange goings on lol.

But despite what people will tell you male torties only have ginger or black boys, if they are even fertile, so they're not worth anything special for breeding either.

yup, and tortie boys are real freaks that either have an extra female chromosome so they are xxy instead of xy. And some are merged twins, and have a whole second set of genes from their sister who was absorbed, strange goings on lol.

But despite what people will tell you male torties only have ginger or black boys, if they are even fertile, so they're not worth anything special for breeding either.

Have come across heaps of tortie boys and Ginger Females.

So I don't really class them as Rare to be honest.

I know someone who breeds them and one of her Breeding cats had 5 Boys in one Litter.

I must say they all seemed normal to me but will ask her if they had any Deformed bits or if they where fertile as I know she sold some to another breeder in the south.

are they real torties and real boys? Not gingery brown tabbies? What breed? Male torties are rare, don't know what the chances are but it must be one in thousands.

I know one main coon breeder had a tortie boy, but he died before they could test breed him to see what he produced.