Blue Tuxedo/ Blue Neon Guppies

blueguppies

Hi there everyone I am new here and new to breeding guppies, however I love to get right into things and I have decided I would start line breeding Blue Guppies. I have a breeding trio that I bought off trademe which I was going to use to start up two separate lines to breed cross every 3 generations or so. BUT I have spotted some very fine specimens on this forum which are as good if not better than my line.

Does anyone know of any really good blue guppy lines that members of this forum may have?

Also I am going to post some links of pictures of my three guppies and if any learned person can give me some tips on improvements I should aim for or if you have a blue guppy that could contribute to the improvement of this line, I would love to hear from you :-) :lol:

Cheers!

pic of male and the lighter female - http://i50.tinypic.com/2vwtsvd.jpg

Pic of male only - http://i50.tinypic.com/2e2m2hc.jpg

Pic of darker female - http://i50.tinypic.com/2888eav.jpg

other pic of lighter female - http://i50.tinypic.com/2yy79tc.jpg

It would help us greatly if you use the control panel thingy to add your location to your profile.

8)

This would help us work out if we can help you or not.

I have several starins of "blue" that I have been working on but as you can see I am in Christchurch.

:wink:

Happy to help if I can

:D

Navarre

And here is a side on view, just to give you some idea of shape and length of fins.

blue.jpg

yes done :) I don't suppose you are willing to part with some of your treasures are you, ( for a price?)

Hi goodguy29 :)

I am growing fry out at the moment, if you are prepared to wait then yes you can purchase some. I have bred these from my Gold ribbon fins and would like first to have myself covered before parting with them and I seem to be getting alot more males than females. The gene is carried by the female.

I was just trying to get this right in my head. With normal finned guppies you can breed a nice looking male with nice looking females, but with ribbon finned males you cannot breed them, so you have to keep track the males siblings in order to recreate other males with similar genetics?

So am I right in thinking you have to breed a short finned male with a ribbon fin gene carrying female in order to produce ribbon finned males?

And then those ribbon finned males wont be able to breed themselves?+

The female carries the ribbon fin gene, she will produce both male and females with and without the ribbon fins.

The ribbon fin male looks fantastic because he has all the fins and is very colourful but yes he gets to a point where he can't breed, not that that stops him trying.

Very Nice fins rox.

Do they carry much blue

I have been working on a dark blue form from inported Neons and blues that poeple here have contributed ( thanks :bow: ) but not ribbons

but have been trying also with GKC, Blues, Neon Tux red tux golds and spanish lines as well to get pure bred gups.

As stated in the fighter post

We dont know what weve got here.

Navarre

Very Nice fins rox.

Do they carry much blue

I have been working on a dark blue form from inported Neons and blues that poeple here have contributed ( thanks :bow: ) but not ribbons

but have been trying also with GKC, Blues, Neon Tux red tux golds and spanish lines as well to get pure bred gups.

As stated in the fighter post

We dont know what weve got here.

Navarre

I think they are nearly as blue as Ryans, thats what I started out with and the male offspring are equally as neon. although thats not what I'm breeding for and only choose the biggest male to breed back to them (and not showing any of the oringinal gold genes).

Are yours golds with big as females? Thats what I started with and have managed to perfect the blues.

yep they are gold in colour - females arent large in size but pretty. Unfortunately I had a male who must have carried a bent back gene so some of the offspring are bent backed :( I think i worked out which was the culprit and he has been removed, but it still means there is bent back genes in there :(

Hopefully will be able to find some more ribbonfins one day :)

this looks the same to mine exept the cardinal fin a little shorter on mine :)

I have found an image which gives me something to work towards, the main difference between my male and this one is the size and shape of the caudal fin, and the thickness of the penducle...

HBAOCBlueGrass-1.jpg

accessed from http://www.showguppies.com/My_Current_Strains.html