Photographer Wanted!

Nymox

Im looking for someone to take some pics of my fish/tanks for me, This is not for any photo of the month or any competitions, purely for me and my family/friends enjoyment. As the photographer you will have all rights to the photos. Ill just be making xmas cards and framing a couple. My camera just doesnt cut it! E.G. below

IMG_0799.jpg

Just imagine if I had a slightly decent camera

My Baby Boy Zevvy! Isnt he the cutest!

Hey, that is a seriously awesome tail shot!! I think that shows your camera DOES cut it, but the model was not. ;)

I have a fairly ordinary digital camera, few years old, 7 megapixels.

I will take hundreds of shots and delete most of them (fish keep moving!!). Eventually you get some good ones. Tis a nice way of spending time with your fish ;)

Hehe I know what you mean there exactly, and Zev is about the best model Ive seen as far as fish are concerned. 7 MP is far far beyond this 3.2. He'll pose like that for a few mins and loves picking on those nasty cameras, that pic is 799 out of about 1300 I took that afternoon :P

Its the best one!

My fish are so tame they are perfect models, even my bol ram Marco, in all his fathering duties, will bring the babies up front for a chance at more attention then the other fish, getting a photo how ever is a completly different story.

Ive tried every option possible on the camera, at every time of day/night. Without flash there is limited colour and even more limited detail. With a flash the background is missing, and blackness shrouds everything not in focus. All I want is a clear pic like the one I just posted here, when hes looking at me, 800 pics of one fish with very little winnings

Thanks Sam, as that webby was a huge inspiration for the photography but I lost the link. Either way, specially reading this, its either a fault of the camera, or much more likely a fault of the user. Once photobucket pulls finger Ill post a few more here, All of Zevvy, but he deserves only the upmost attention anyways, hes a nationwide celebrity fish! Naaah lol, just a FNZAS celeb but hes my special guy, and I would love to have some great pics of him, I cant produce them myself so Im wanting help. Pixiphoto said they can garuantee good photos for $800, thats about $780 more the I can afford :P

Thanks Jenni! and im sure the Pun was some what intended ! at least I hope so because my stale sense of 80's humor is still laughing lol.

Put it this way, spent 4 hours last week with a friend who was bored to tears in the first 10 mins, trying to photograph my fighters jumping for food from my hands, and the ol kissy fishy! I think a big hairy bogan receiving a kiss from a tiny fishy is like melt the heart material, at least my gf thinks so lol.

Pixiphoto said they can garuantee good photos for $800, thats about $780 more the I can afford :P

Garuntee? Me thinks you should take in your fastest and most difficult to photograph fish and see if the can garuntee THAT! :lol:

Problem is camera's cannot measure the depth of field in water and needs to find the back round..

Try in a small photo tank thats only 40mm front to back and and just 3mm glass.. Then you can play with different colour back rounds..Shade over head and sides and play around..usually works..

Dont think a 1000 dollar camera is any better in water just maybe the person doing settings...Cheers Phill