bottom of 4 footer cracked

paul_r

moving house today, my 4 footer now has a small crack in the bottom corner (on bottom pane of glass) and is leaking water.

cracks are 1-2cm long

is there anything i can do eg silicone the cracks up etc? dont really want to have to get another tank or new bottom pane of glass.

i have about 300$ worth or fish in their transport bags and want them back in tank as soon as possible.

any help much appreciated

cheers

Depending on where the crack is. If is across a corner and has nowhere to run you could repair it but if it is just the start and could continue to run I would not want to risk repairing it as it will eventually finish running and Mr Mrphy reckons that will be just after you put your expensive fish back in.

no quick solution sorry

plastic bin aand heater for fish with filter back on it

new plate on bottom

quickest i have found is new plate cut for inside measurements glued inside tank

either way you have to let gkue cure

you want to come to tauranga i have a 3 footer you can use

I have repaired heaps of tanks with cracks on the bottom and most have bitten me in the bum it doesn't really bother me too much as they are slow leaks so the fish are unharmed and in a fishroom so a little water doesn't matter. I would treat them differently if they were inside my house..

As others have said above it depends where the crack is and if it has any potential of carrying on. If it is just cracked across a corner you may get away with siliconing it up and then sticking it somewhere warm overnight and then using it tomorrow, any chance you can take a pic of the crack so more educated advice can be given?