Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Career

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I'm actually looking for a new career in the corporate scene. I have a Bachelors in Arts and Grad Dip in HR. Thinking of moving into either an entry level HR role or even as a recruitment consultant. Been working in retail so far so if any of you know of any opportunities please do tell me, I really need a more stressful job T.T

Am in Auckland by the way, so if the workplace is in Auckland City, even better.

yep. in less than a month I will have a first class degree in finance and international business. There simply put are no "careers" out there. just jobs. And even though I have a "foot in the door" so to speak by working at one of the big 4, it is still practically impossible to get a suitable job.

I have always thought it funny they way people refer to them as the "Big 4 NZ banks" They should be the 4 Oz banks.

I just say that because of my work. It is the "1 Big NZ bank" but you can just call it THE big one if you like :wink:

:lol:

NZ owned banks still have a while to go before they are considered big. although kiwibanks offshore capital raise is a step in the green for them.

We are up to about 7% of the market share which is good for being 7 years old. We only need to get to about 12% to be concidered big.

On a side note P44 are you planing on staying in Palmy or moving to one of the bigger cities?

The one big NZ bank may lose a lot of customers by following the bid foreign banks and closing branches. That is the reason I went there but soon it will be as inconvenient as the rest. You would think it was their money not mine.

Some of the branched are closing but they still have the largest branch network in NZ and sometimes branched reopen and get moved because of customer demand. It is not a good ides to have a branch open with 5-10 staff to service 50 people when there is another branch 10 min drive down the road. By memory there are about 23 branched in CHC

I personally have not been in to a branch other that to set up my account with NBNZ or Kiwi. I get my pay put in electronically, have an EFTpos cards, Visa debit card, Visa (credit) card and internet banking so have no need for a branch.

Note: everything I say here is my opinion and not that of my employer

On a side note P44 are you planing on staying in Palmy or moving to one of the bigger cities?

If i get my private banking job with anz-national ill go to welly. if nothing good comes up, ill do my post grad in palmy.

P44 - I know of a few roles going in the banks at the moment. Unfortunately nothing in PB or Wgtn but I know round the traps in Auckland theres some good opportunities in both finance and asset management / credit. Would need a bit of experience though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.