what type of cichlid is this ?

oO SKIPPY Oo

i went to the LFS today and said - whats this fish to the young chap that served me - he said it could be an electric yellow or a dem - now im no expert but considering there with other electric yellows and dems in the tank i knew it wasnt them - but it cracked me up that he said is just hasnt colored up yet !!! ... so what is this little guy ?

lfs.jpg

i assume they are agressive ? the one in the lfs looked that like he was...

Yep very aggressive that one is a male, I have seen males a couple of years old own half a 6ft tank to themselves before :) I would hate to see what it would get sold as and what tank it ends up if they have no idea what it is..

Hahahaha...No, there are none.

didnt think so - thanks for the confirmation - what would you say is the best LPS to get fish from in welly - animates are ok but the prices are strange - like $15 for a green severum from the lower hutt store and $25 from the one in kaiwharawhara for the same sized fish

didnt think so - thanks for the confirmation - what would you say is the best LPS to get fish from in welly - animates are ok but the prices are strange - like $15 for a green severum from the lower hutt store and $25 from the one in kaiwharawhara for the same sized fish

Thats because they quite often class cichlids by size, rather than specific species - ie. $15 is for a 'assorted small cichlids' and $25 is for 'assorted medium cichlids' so its just each stores interpretation of wether its small or medium.