Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Guentheri Fry

Featured Replies

:D:D just had my first Guentheri fry hatch today. It was 1 of 20 that are being water incubated and all but one egg has eyes in it. I removed them from peat just under 3 months ago.

I wonder why they took so much longer... or why mine took so little time

The water you incubated them in, was that water from the parents tank or from a different source?

  • Author

just water from my water purifier. It was a very small volume of water; one section of my tackle box which is around 25 ml.

Very weak meth-blue and they got a water change maybe once or twice. They also didn't have much peat in there with them, just what was stuck to the eggs.

when I water incubated them, I used tank water from another unrelated tank in a small container with the same amount of meth blue that I use with egg normally and like you, only the peat that came with the eggs

Interesting

The storing temperature (incubation) for the eggs also have influence on the hatching time.

only a very small amount

EJ, we keep our tanks at a similar temp so that shouldnt be too much of a problem. Have you water incubated at all?

No, I have never water incubated, I always dried the peat and stored it in the fish room in temperatur 25C

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.