Rusty made a new friend :D

phoenix44

Well! today Rusty Ruu made a new friend. His name is Kiwi, and he is an eclectus parrot (boy). Initially we thought they may fight but after rusty made his happy sounds, and said hello (literally) they got on really well and even groomed each other! :D

DSC05953Small.jpg

DSC05952Small.jpg

It was so awesome to see! :D

Just though I'd share this for us bird lovers / appreciators!

he is mental! LOL

but i had to teach him weird thing so i could keep him mentally stimulated... he still manages to drive me mad sometimes. (even more so).

Hahaha... will have to meet him someday!

you must!

he tried getting it on with a ragdoll cat today - poor thing was petrified! :(

haha they sound like fun but yeah they can be a bit annoying when they need some kind of mental stimulation. I used to freeze fruit in ice and get kids toys too like ones to toddlers, the ones with the right shapes through the right wholes used to keep my bird(s) entertained for ages, the ice was best though, put a put of string in before freezing and hang em up, make it a challenge. Careful though I find the smarter they get the "smarter" they get lol. Charlie had all the locks and doors figured out on his cage, and used to pick out the rubber seals from arround window frames.

I want a female eclectus. In fact once things have settled down for me, I will get one but its a bit of a long term relationship - 70 years! :lol:

The possum just came in with someone, it was young and a little sick cause its mother was shot. tame possum better than a wild one I say. Rusty hadn't seen one before, so he came to investigate